Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT won't start!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgart666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT won't start!
    Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 8:50pm
hi everyone thanks for your help on my other topic's but i have another problem with my s reg primera gt the problem is it's been stood for 3 months and my mate change the battery with disconecting the nats alarm in the boot with the key fob and now the car won't start the fuel pumps working when turn the key and it's sparking but the injectors arn't kicking in and the little red led light above the glove box isn't working any ideas.
many thanks
dgart666 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgart666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:04am
no one got any idea's what this can be not to worry thanks for looking any way
SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 6:29pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that Primera fuel pumps can struggle to refill the fuel line up to the engine if fuel has drained back to the tank over a longish period of time of the car not being used.  Try turning the key loads of times without turning the engine, so as to prime the fuel a lot.  Then try to start it - if it fires a few times then you're on the right track and with a bit of luck you'll get it going.  Hopefully the red light isn't too significant.
1997 2.0 SLX P11
dgart666 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgart666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 6:30pm
no tryed that still no look, don't know if i told you but the engine check light is flashing, took it to a garage for them to put it on the machine and they said it's coming up with a problem with the alarm.
petrol is geting up to the injectors put theres no power to the injectors and thats down to the nats.
what do you think.
thanks
shurv View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 11:36pm

i dont know if it has one or not but cud be the imobiliser
dgart666 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgart666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 3:14pm
that's what everyone saying that it's the immobiliser is there any way of disconnecting the imobiliser or bypassing it.
thanks
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 3:20pm

sounds like it could be flooded,

I take it all teh connections are on there? you checked for spark, fuel etc at the engine?

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
dgart666 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgart666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 3:30pm
yes checked all connections there's a spark and there's fuel to the rack but the imobiliers not telling the injectors to open.
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 3:32pm
don;t think the imoby controls the injectors it;s usually on the CAS that the imboy affects (ie no spark)

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
dgart666 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgart666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 3:35pm
so what do you think it could be the engine check light is flashing and the r/c/l is not working and led above the glove box has stopped flashing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>