Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT NATS / Immobiliser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cob124s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 10:11am
HI Guys, i have the same problem... any ideas or am i better to go to nissan?

Thanks
plymPRIM97 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymPRIM97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 12:20pm
Hi - I posted on this subject a while ago and nearly got caught out this morning.

I bent the one and only key and it would not go into the ignition.  With great care I bent it back and it now works.  The key is an integral part of the NATS thing with the red chip.

I went straight to my local Nissan garage.  I can get a new car/NATS thing they reckon for about £35 - they can't do iy at my local Nissan garage so I need to check elsewhere but to be honest with the concern it just caused £35 feels cheap.

Question - does anyone know how to get a key cut and NATS thing for less than £35?

The Alarm/remote door locking - would quite happily not set it at all and just use the key for getting in and out.  It seems that people are saying you can get an alarm fob cheaply off ebay and programme it.  I will look into this and if I manage to work it all out I will post up a complete "Janet and John" thread on how I did that.

I am going to read through previous posts to try and work this out.  If anyone has already posted up such a Janet and John I'd be grateful to be pointed in its direction.

Thanks guys

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:20pm
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymPRIM97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:28pm
Hi - a quick update.

Simple bit - am happy not to set the alatrm using the alarm fob.  I am told that if I lock the door with the key the alarm will set but from the above I believe that once the key is in the ignition (or engine started one of the two) the alarm will deactivate - will bug the neighbours but will be an answer of sorts.

Immobiliser fob (red chip and black plastic thing that the key sits in - NOT THE ALARM FOB) and key.        Was quoted for £37.50 for the key alone.  If I got this to save the concern over the existing key breaking all I would need to do would be perhaps to tape it to my existing immobilser fob and through close proximity it will release the immobiliser.

If I wanted to buy the key, the immobiliser fob and have that immobilser fob coded to work with the car it would be £62.50!

I don't know if the next bit might be trading so please remove if necessary mods

So the question might be - does anyone know of a place to get the key, fob and coding done for less than £62.50?  I passed a Timpsons shoe repairers (not all branches) the other day and they do it for about £75 I think.

cheers
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymPRIM97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 3:54pm
Hi - just read the "how to".  I remember having done something similar 3 years when the car was "new".  One fob was not working so fitted a new battery and did a bunch of stuff (on offf etc).  I wrote it all down at the time and am trying to find it.

I am just wondering whether any existing alarm fob can be re-coded this way - so if you just find an old one on ebay you can create a spare.

I am about to check for the cost of new ones.

Right now the one that really interests me is a new key with the immobilser (red chip).  Seems very costly.
CLASSIX View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Pink Princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLASSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:02pm
PRIMERA 1999 GT P11 SEXY BLUE.

Have same issue all keys tested ok receiver ok etc.
turns out ECU has fried due to Dizzy spiking trying to locate ECU :-(
so if all else fails this might be the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12