Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera egr system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:26pm
From what I have read on here about the EGR system, it was to recirculate unburnt fuel so as to improve engine emissions. Would have thought using quality fuels and changing plugs regularly would negate the issues you are concerned with.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:36pm
Most of us who removed it (myself included) were P10 owners who fitted aftermarket manifolds and the stupid pipework wouldn't line up with the new manifolds (from the USA) etc.

I had mine removed on my SR20 P10 for 3 years, it made no change to anything really.. As I mentioned it was removed because it was easier to fit the new headers and nothing else really.
rjwood_uk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjwood_uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:18pm

and question about the coolant system...

no idea about the rads and fans but im guessing the rads are the same just an extra fan on the sr20.

can the water pump me uprated at all?

richard

Noun. cerise - a red the color of ripe cherries
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:22pm
The 2nd Fan is for the Aircon, I don't have Aircon and only have 1 fan, but when I had Aircon on my previous P10's I had 2 fans. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12