Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 eGT & P11 GT - Opinions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seismic22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 eGT & P11 GT - Opinions?
    Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:08pm
Hi there,

Been a member on here for ages when my dad needed bit of advice on his p11-144.

He originally had a P10 2.0 and like autocar stated in the early 90's reckoned it was the most reliable car in the world with the most superb handling for a saloon everyday car. He bought it in 1995 at 40,000 and ran it to 122,000 when mum wrote it off getting hit off the road by a granny not liking her overtaking! In all that time the only things it everhad other than consumables was 2 wheel bearings and a couple of exhaust sections!!!

He bought the p11-144 and although loved it nearly as much, never liked chain rattle on start up and it always worried him abit.

Anyway, i have fond memories of these cars and when i borrowed the p11-144 for two weeks couldnt belive a shopping trolley car could out handle hot hatches! I am now on the look out for a £1500 fun car whilst it still being reliable and am being drawn to both the primera p10 egt and primera p11 Gt.

Im not a boy racer or anything i just live in the countryside where if you drive sensibly using your brain whilst considering other road users safety its perfectly safe to have some fun driving very fast sometimes. I would like to know what people opinions are of the performance of the GT's. Im of the opinion that both are more about handling than outright speed but there is still enough power to still be able to complete all overtaking tasks without any fuss and have some fun.

Whats ones lighter, whats more performance orientated, reliable, fun and dare i say it better on fuel??

sorry about long post, cheers! 
PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:15pm
Probably going to open a can of worms on this one but I think this sums the two up:

P10 eGT is lighter, slightly faster and handles slightly better, a bit thirstier but need to look out for the rust on them now. P11 GTs dont drink as much fuel, 70-80kg heavier but much easier to find without rust.
GaryeGT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Guinness Gaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryeGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:27pm
the p11 GT is more for comfort, whereas the p10 eGT is a more sportier, rough'n'ready car. they are lighter, and supposedly have better handling. also they are theoretically faster too.

the only difference youll ever notice between the 2 is that the GT has more comfort.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:28pm
Yep I was going from what everyone seems to reckon off the forum, eGT anyday for me due to sentimental value of a P10 hatch for me, having had one in the family for 12 years.
Rodney View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by PrimeraPowa PrimeraPowa wrote:

Probably going to open a can of worms on this one but I think this sums the two up:

P10 eGT is lighter, slightly faster and handles slightly better,

i have to disagree there my red gt hatch when standard would of outran my egt loon both had very similar milege and full service history. and when they both had similar mods the gt was definatley quicker especially at the top end and went off the clock on a private road no probsWink
GaryeGT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Guinness Gaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryeGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:37pm

Yep I was going from what everyone seems to reckon off the forum, eGT anyday for me due to sentimental value of a P10 hatch for me, having had one in the family for 12 years.
+1 exact same situation. Smile
prim-n-proper View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Tick Tock Tick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prim-n-proper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:38pm
it's been said before, but worth repeating .......

P10's for smiles
P11's for miles

if you do go for a "fun" car to use on the twisties, try and get a saloon, both 10's and 11's handle better in saloon form than they do as hatchbacks Thumbs Up
COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:42pm
p11 has much better suspension multilink and has standard abs on all models. The p10 egt id agree been a tad quicker but hard to find a rust free example.
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Primera Dave Primera Dave wrote:

p11 has much better suspension multilink and has standard abs on all models. The p10 egt id agree been a tad quicker but hard to find a rust free example.

But when you do theyre awesome!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Rodney Rodney wrote:

P10 eGT is lighter, slightly faster and handles slightly better,

i have to disagree there my red gt hatch when standard would of outran my egt loon both had very similar milege and full service history. and when they both had similar mods the gt was definatley quicker especially at the top end and went off the clock on a private road no probsWink

Yep theyre all going to be different though, Primera Dave said his new engine in his 11 felt faster with standard 130bhp than his previous engine did even with gt cams, and it should have been the opposite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>