Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What P number am I ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy in France Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What P number am I ?
    Posted: 30 May 2010 at 8:11am
Our 1993 1.6SLX Estate brought us here to France 8 years ago. It's just failed its biannual MoT because (and only because) it still has UK headlights! Everywhere I look for replacement lights asks for its P number. I have no idea. How do I find out? Thanks every-one.
PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 8:12am
Its a P10 model if it is a hatchback or saloon but the estates were also called the W10.
Treef View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 9:07am
If you check here http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/topic194.html it shows what each variant looks like. 
shade View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 9:25am
From what I remember, the W10's have different headlights compared to the P10.

You would need to find some headlights from an estate. Can you not get away with those stickers that alter the beam angle?
RIP 10, hello Connect! :(
Andy in France View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy in France Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 9:27am
I have a P10. Thanks all. Within an hour of joining the forum I have the answer to a question I've been researching for a week. Brilliant! Can I ask two supplimentary questions? Are the headlamps on a P10 (W10) Estate the same as those fitted to saloons and hatchbacks? Are those with manual beam adjusters and those with electric ones interchangeable?
PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 9:27am
Oh yeah thats a point, bloke down the road from me has a W10 and I think they are different come to think of it. I think theres some differences in suspension too between P's and W's. He's also got a 2.0 but apparantly the oil filter is right at the bottom of the engine and its an R reg, bit puzzled over that one.
Treef View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 9:47am
Just had a look on Nissan4u.com and it does appear the estate has different lamps
The first one is the estate lamp and the bottom one is for the hatchAnd this is for the estate
Sandman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 9:57am
don't know if there is a japanese salvage yard somewhere by you?

i know that there (netherlands) are some yards here special for japanese cars ... 99% of the jap cars end up there.

you also can buy new ones ... but they are expensive ;)

there are also a couple guys that part out there P10's here and in germany.
if you can't find them in france maybe that's an option?
Andy in France View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy in France Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 10:00am
For 8 years the headlight stickers were good enough but not any more - an EU Directive, I expect.

The Haynes manual says there's a difference between headlights fitted to saloons/hatchbacks and estates; so probably they're not interchangeable. I suppose it's now down to whether manual beam adjustment lights and electric beam adjustment lights are interchageable - if indeed P10 estates were ever fitted with electric ones.
Sandman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 10:22am
do you have electric ones?

than you should have no problems replacing them whith manual ones.

if you have manuals than replacing them for electrics give you the problem that you can't adjust them.
or you have to install the wire's and so ...

i tought only the motor / manual adjuster was the difference, the headlight should be the same

had a look for some dual headlight some years a go and i could choose between manual and electric for a P10 sedan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>