Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

newbie with body kitted P12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 5:18pm
So i decided to make a car pc because having the oem dvd with gps was extremely expensive.So i began makin it with what i allready have.

Making of the box to fit under the drivers seat.

It's not looking that great but who is going to see it under the drivers seat?

Dashboard
I always hated oem radio cds,one more reason for me since the radio was with very poor reception.
So

I dissasembled the radio cd and kept only what was necessery to work,i couldnt just take it off because everything from the air con was going inside it.(stupid isn it)?
so the rest of it went on to a tupperware  and took this shape to follow the heater rotor

And putted on Alpine 9882 Ri ,great piece.

Everything works like a charm and i am not having the secure message on the screen

Carbon

Made 4 usb slots and new place for the lighter

Screen
Here is my new mount base for the touch screen

Thanks Thodoris for his time from Nissantuners.gr for knowledge and equipment

Made new buttons for controling the screen and also power on/off and reseting the pc

The Red led will show when the pc its on and the green led when the hdd works

Demo on the dashboard

Was hell in there for weeks

This is a step down that turns 12volt to 5 volt stable so u can power hubs e.t.c

usb hub 7 ports from D-Link

The Dvb-t for watching tv mpeg 4

And i also made new grounds on the car

Gps receiver,i putted this to the position that is for the original receiver if the car had gps.

And this is one pre-final demostration because i had a trip to do

Soon i am going to finish that one and will post morning photos and video

P12 will never be the same again.    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

tsakimak View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 5:22pm
to the moderators please make alpine code 9882 Ri .thx
yogi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 6:08pm
Simply fantastic modding, really is great seeing someone digging in to the P12 electronics!

Stereo code changed too Thumbs Up
Previous:P11-144 Qg18
Current: Nissan Juke Sport
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 6:26pm
wow as said above that is fantanstic stuff, and really glad you are sharing the info like that on here as well..Thumbs Up
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
tsakimak View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by ragt20 ragt20 wrote:

wow as said above that is fantanstic stuff, and really glad you are sharing the info like that on here as well..Thumbs Up

The main goal for the existance of club's is sharing knowledge i believe.
Thank you all for your nice words
edk_N16 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Edwardo Del Dervo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_N16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 6:55pm
Phenomenal work! Much respect, and thank you so much for sharing this with us! Smile The fact you've kept the OEM climate control and screen working is a joy for me. I'd love to add some sort of aftermarket headunit to my system and this is the best solution I've seen and so well executed too.

I would LOVE detailed wiring info on how to do the OEM mods/buttons if you're willing please! Smile. I take it the buttons under the OEM screen control fan speed, mods, temperature etc? So all your heating/fans work fine still, and you've had to keep the satnav drive connected? Does the screen revert back to dual view or CD display after the time delay still?

Sorry so many questions! LOL
Mad Maru View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC's longest "to do" list!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Maru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 7:44pm
Wow I need to get my arse in gear that install is truely inspirational. I've wanted a car PC setup for years now myself just need to decide the best fit for my needs etc. Top work and I can't wait to see the finished article...
tsakimak View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Mad Maru Mad Maru wrote:

Wow I need to get my arse in gear that install is truely inspirational. I've wanted a car PC setup for years now myself just need to decide the best fit for my needs etc. Top work and I can't wait to see the finished article...

i will help you,dont worry but let me finish first my project,for the wiring you must be prepared for homework with the service manual Left handed has different colour wiring from Right handed.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by tsakimak tsakimak wrote:

i will help you,dont worry but let me finish first my project,for the wiring you must be prepared for homework with the service manual Left handed has different colour wiring from Right handed.

he doesn't have a P12 either, so wiring will be even more different, his car is the P11 in his sig..Wink
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
tsakimak View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsakimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by ragt20 ragt20 wrote:

Originally posted by tsakimak tsakimak wrote:

he doesn't have a P12 either, so wiring will be even more different, his car is the P11 in his sig..Wink

doesnt mind if i can,i will help him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>