Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 1.8 engine problem / oil loss
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.8 engine problem / oil loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAKRYGIANNIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 12:25am
HI
I JUST STARTED TO FACE SAME PROBLEM WITH A NISSAN PRIMERA 1,8 ,53.000 km, STARTED TO LOSING OIL 150ml EVERY 1000 km.WHATS WRONG WITH MY ENGUNE.
PLEASE ADVISE ASAP
GMAKRYGIANNIS
tomblyth View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomblyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 8:44am
I have the same problem ! and would like to call you for a word  if you don't mind ./ On mine the cat was blocked when i cleared this I have loads of blue smoke, and one cylinder oils the plug. I thought  valve seals at first but 2l of oil in 150 miles means rings on that cylinder,  and I'd like to ask you about access to pistons.
Cheers Tom
favorite sites
www.locostbuilders.co.uk
dgart666 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgart666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:08pm
ye no worries i'll pm you my number.
FauSuomi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FauSuomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 4:48am
Originally posted by dgart666 dgart666 wrote:

Hi i've got a primera 2004 p12 it's only done 60,000 and it's burning oil about a pint a day, i've changed the valve stem oil seals, head gaskit and still no luck i find it hard to believe that the ring's have gone, the car run's great just smokes when rev'ed.
someone told me in the rocker cover there are 2 skins with a mesh in one to stop oil going in to the inlet manifold through a breather.
ANY IDEAS PLEASE HELP
THANKS DAMO
Hello everyone, I am having similar issue though mine takes about a litre in a week depending on my usage. Fun part is there is absolutely no smoke or deposits on the exhaust pipe!!
Fau.
tomblyth View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomblyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 7:53pm
Mine wasn't high mileage and the bores are knackered...barrel shaped.... reminds me it's been parked at the garden for years , I'll have to scrap it!
favorite sites
www.locostbuilders.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12