Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NEW MEMBER HERE (GIRLFREINDS P10 1.6 SLX PROBLEMS)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW MEMBER HERE (GIRLFREINDS P10 1.6 SLX PROBLEMS)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan evo 6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW MEMBER HERE (GIRLFREINDS P10 1.6 SLX PROBLEMS)
    Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:50am

Hi all, Just looking through the internet at ideas why my girlfriends car is playing up an i came across this site, just wondering if there is anyone out there that may be able to help me? my girlfriend has a primera on a 1996 (N) reg, 1.6 slx, when she is driving it sometimes it starts to jerk around like its on kangeroo juice, then if you turn the igntion off it will start up and be fine again, it also feels reuced on power and a big flat spot at 4,000 rpm, i have changed spark plugs and dizzy cap and fuel filter, It feels like its fuel related. any ideas? thanks dan

PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:55am
Have you tried changing the MAF with another car?
dan evo 6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan evo 6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:20am
Hi mate, does it have a MAF? i followed the intake pipe from the filter on the top of the engine all the way to the duct in the N/S wing and couldnt see anything, this is a 1.6 engine. if there is one then i will look again

Thanks for the reply
dagger View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
EVO - SI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:32am
I had a similar problem on my 1.6 P10, and in the end it turned out to be the fuel pump

dan evo 6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan evo 6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:35am

Thanks dagger, that had crossed my mind but i thought it would do it all the time, Is the fuel pump in the tank on these? is it an easy job to do?

PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:38am
Yep fuel pump and sender unit are one unit, if you lift the rear seats out its underneath them under a plate above the fuel tank I think.
dagger View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
EVO - SI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:39am
It is in the tank, at the back of the rear seats, easy enough to do

Gaz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
G4S :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 1:37pm
hey hey n welcome to the forum
dan evo 6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan evo 6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:07pm
Thats great thanks guys, yeah should be an easy job then, similar to my ol 200sx fuel pump change, oes anyone know a part number etc? regards dan
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:32pm
Hi Dan and a big welcome to NPOCWave

Start with the MAF fella, give it a clean.

From our world famous and invisible How To section LOL...

Also done on a P10 GA16DE (same as your GF's car), so it will all look samey. The how to was done on a modified 1.6, so some bits and bobs look different but once you take off the intake piping, it will all make sense.

Assuming you own an Evo 6, don't be going AWOL without showing us some piccies, yeah we're all Primera Nuts but Evo loving is perfectly normal tooSmile

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
 Post Reply Post Reply