Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11CAI (cold air intake) advice wtd
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11CAI (cold air intake) advice wtd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baskapteijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11CAI (cold air intake) advice wtd
    Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 12:26pm
Hey guys,

I was just wondering. Some guys have installed cold air intakes in their car. Where is the front point of the tube located?

Most pictures show a metal tube going from the position of the MAF tube, to a point behind the car battery and then I can't see where the tube is heading. I know my stock intake has a tube opening next to the battery, and one that goes below the car, but I don't know how far below the car.

I hope you guys have some info on that one!

Greetings,
Bas
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 12:39pm

The tube goes down into the wing Bas, and the filter sits inside the wing etc.

baskapteijn View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baskapteijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:13pm
Ah thanks essNchill, after some research i've found what is located there. In the bumper (or wing as you call it) a resonator box is located. This has to be removed so a filter can be placed there with the air intake attached.

Since i'm going to do this mod myself, the only thing I really need to know is how to remove the front bumper / wing.

Does anyone know how?
dcal View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
A catchphrase!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:18pm
depends if you have fog lights or not how easy, if you have just the blanks then they come out by prying with a flat head screwdriver then you have access to the cavity behind thats how i fitted mine. if you have the fog lights then someone better qualified then me will help im sure.
riggsy99 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
The real Elvis!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riggsy99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:18pm
no need to remove the wing matey. just the bumper. there are 2 10mm screws on the top corners of the bumper, closest to the wheels, 3 clips across the top of the bumper and 2 10mm bolts underneath holding the bumper to the crossmember. undo all these and with a good tug, the bumper will come off.

hope this helps.
PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by riggsy99 riggsy99 wrote:

no need to remove the wing matey. just the bumper. there are 2 10mm screws on the top corners of the bumper, closest to the wheels, 3 clips across the top of the bumper and 2 10mm bolts underneath holding the bumper to the crossmember. undo all these and with a good tug, the bumper will come off.

hope this helps.

Wish a P10 egt front bumper was as easy to remove!
prim-n-proper View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Tick Tock Tick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prim-n-proper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:43pm
just about the same isn't it ben ?
COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:45pm
Apparently yeah just spent ages tring to get mine off ages ago.
prim-n-proper View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Tick Tock Tick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prim-n-proper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 12:56am
Originally posted by baskapteijn baskapteijn wrote:

Hey guys,

I was just wondering. Some guys have installed cold air intakes in their car. Where is the front point of the tube located?

Most pictures show a metal tube going from the position of the MAF tube, to a point behind the car battery and then I can't see where the tube is heading. I know my stock intake has a tube opening next to the battery, and one that goes below the car, but I don't know how far below the car.

I hope you guys have some info on that one!

Greetings,
Bas

having tried all the basic types ...WAI, CAI and performance panel filter( K+N / OMP ) I can say that in my opinion, the way to go is performance panel filter in the standard air box.
COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 2:44am
Originally posted by PrimeraPowa PrimeraPowa wrote:

Originally posted by riggsy99 riggsy99 wrote:

hope this helps.

Wish a P10 egt front bumper was as easy to remove!

15 mins max to get mine off, undo the 2 screws that bolt it to the wing, undo the wing liners, then undo the 4 bolts that hold the bumper in place, jobs a good 'un.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>