Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 airbag light flashing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 airbag light flashing
    Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 7:39pm
hi all been a while as had trouble free motoring since changing the o2 sensor,

had the flickering airbag light back again and i was advised to change the connector under the seat,
we used an after market 2 pin conector, and now the light flashes,
re soldered the o/e conector in and it still flashes,
is there a problem with the aftermarket plug?? or does it need resetting????
if so how does one do it please :-(
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
tony_primera_se View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:45pm
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
sathomas2203 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sathomas2203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 5:30pm
@Jobi is correct with the procedure for clearing the flashing (blinking) AIR BAG dashboard indicator.......it's also explained very nicely on Youtube at the following URL link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDg1b0dYtys .......... my 1997 P11 Nissan "Bluebird" AIR BAG indicator came up flashing after my mechanic and I almost completed replacing the steering rack; however, the Steering Wheel "Spiral Cable" had burst because we made too many turns in the steering wheel trying to align it. So, when I completed my own repairs of said cable, the AIR BAG indicator was still flashing quickly. So, I followed @Jobi's procedure (same as on Youtube) and after pressing the driver side door switch 5 times, the AIR BAG indicator started to blink slower than before. So, I repeated the Youtube procedure and ......VOILA!......the flashing AIR BAG indication cleared after turning on ignition & going off after the 7-second interval......WHEW! it's cool to own a Nissan P11.....
sathomas
 Post Reply Post Reply