Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

satnav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: satnav
    Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:06pm
Hello, i am a newby to this i have just got a primera 03 plate love it, love it love it! i know it's second hand but it looks and drives great. I wonder can anyone tell me how to get the satnav working please? i do have a Tom Tom but want to know if i can use the cars system instead, and can i play musci etc. Big smile
Jacki
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:21pm
Welcome to NPOC Jacki,

Your Primera will be a P12 (2002 - 2006). It is important to put this into any questions you have. They are quite different to the older models, so helps you get the right answerThumbs Up

Which model do you have? i.e S, SX, SVE.
The map button is on all of them but not all have satnav. Nice of Nissan to do that eh?
Jacki View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:25pm
Hello, its a 1.8SE I will remember the other bits , cheers! Embarrassed
Jacki
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:36pm
I am being a bit dim. Very easy to tell if you have satnav.
There will be a DVD player in your dashboard below the radio/cd.
Jacki View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:43pm
Hi fella,

what I meant was, if i have to use a cd in the cd player to get the satnav I would only be able to use the radio.
I am trying to find out if my model of car has satnav and how I get it? is it through the cd drive or another way? .

Cheers
Jacki
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:51pm

The sat nav uses a separate DVD player. The CD player only plays CDs.

Pic of the DVD player. Not worth getting if you don't have one.

Jacki View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:53pm
Excellent, Thanks ever so much for the info. Just out of interest does anyone know how much the dvd player would cost?Confused
Jacki
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 7:00pm

No problem.

£2000 from Nissan for just the DVD player.
£300 for the program and map disks.
The wiring is also different. Not sure what exactly.
I don't think that there are any recent maps available.
The system is supposed to be ok but no where near as good features as your TomTom.

In case you are still thinking of getting one, there is a common fault with the DVD player that causes the radio/cd, climate and display to stop working.
riggsy99 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
The real Elvis!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riggsy99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 7:24pm
the DVD unit might be under the passanger seat. the early ones were located there. admittedly if you haven't got it they're not all that good. the maps are very old. the last one that came out was 2006, the tom tom is a far better option. i would stick with that.
 Post Reply Post Reply