Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 04 Key Fob Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 04 Key Fob Problem
    Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 8:20pm
just to add to this i have programmed this type of key

to operate my central locking/alarm which came with this type of key

if i can get immoby code sorted ill get key cut
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 8:58pm
Thats the one
rabies View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 9:21am
How do Keys get de-programmed?

I found this on another tread - presume it will work. Will try it this evening. Thanks

You can program a maximum of 4 P12 key fobs as follows:

Obtain all remote controls

Switch ignition ON and OFF 6 times within 10 seconds

After 2 seconds indicators will flash twice. Programming mode will be activated. Proceed as follows:

Press & hold unlock button

Press lock button 3 times

Release unlock button

Indicators will flash once to confirm correct programming

Repeat above procedure to program any remaining remote controls

After fourth key is programmed, indicators flash 3 times to confirm correct programming

Switch ignition ON

Indicators flash twice if 1-3 keys have been programmed

Indicators DO NOT flash if 4 keys have been programmed

Programming mode de-activated

Check operation of all programmed remote controls

Keep trying
rabies View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 9:11am
Thanks Fossyant.
Same problem this morning. Key Fob would not open Car on first few attempts. Cry
But a lot quicker than the last two mornings.

Reprograming Keys - Is it easy to reprogram P12 (2004) keys?
I know I did it with my P11. Thought I read it was very difficult with P12 (hopefully thats not the case).
Keep trying
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 7:51pm
Reprogram your keys - sometimes happens with one of my fobs..........(I have 4 though.. two spares just in case).....
rabies View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 2:53pm
Hi, Yesterday morning I went to open my car to go to work. Pressed the unlock key but nothing happened. Went and got my second key - but could not get the car to open.
I did previously had a problem with a loose main car battery terminal (after work in Nissaan Garage) and I thought that it was the cause of the problem, but I could not get into the car to check it.
(I remembered something about access thru the passanger door - but manual was in glove box)
After about 15 minutes the main Fob eventually opened the car. I fully expected to have a main car battery problem - that the loose terminal issue had returned. But the car started first time and everthing seemed fine. 
However this morning I had the same problem (but I thought I didn't lock the car last night)
Eventually I got the Key Fob to open the car after about 5 mins, by holding the fob directly over the bonnet.
At lunch hour I checked the Car again. It locked and unlocked from a distance of 15 feet. Anyway I have just purchased a replacement key fob battery and its working from 90 feet distance.
Hopefully the problem was just the fob battery (but its a little strange that the backup key was also not working - or is it)
Anyway I will follow up tomorrow with an update.
Anybody else with similar problems or and ideas?
Keep trying
 Post Reply Post Reply