Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2002 CD changer fitting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2002 CD changer fitting?
    Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 7:22am
Can anyone advise which model no. of CD Changer goes with the Clarion CY100 head unit in the P12

thanks

essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 7:56am
Hi Phil and a big welcome from me, who is also located in GosportSmile

Your answer is here:

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
pjb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 11:07pm
Thanks to previous advice have obtained a CD changer, now just need to fit it.

Looking at the back of the CD player there are 3 plugs plugged in, one of which I take to be for the CD Changer, so there presumably will be another end somewhere!

I'm given to understand the lead should be in the boot space, and there is a cubby hole on the RH Side which looks like it might be CD changer shape.

I have looked behind the trim in the boot. Nothing at all on the LH side.

On the RH side all I can find is a socket with 4 leads and a second with 2 leads. These dont match the changer and wouldn't seem to have enough wires anyway.

Any thoughts on where to look next?

bizarre that Nissan should include so many features on the SVE yet not include a CD changer as standard?
pjb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:33pm
Took me a long time but eventually found the CD Changer plug. It was hidden under the boot trim.

CD Changer connects, and is recognised by the head unit. However it isn't working correctly. When cartridge is inserted changer cycles through the discs, i.e slides them across to the CD mechanism, then immeadialty returns them to the cartridge and wont actually load a disc to play.

I stripped the thing right down & can see what's happening, but can't see why it isn't loading.
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 12:00am
check the discs are not upside down- mine wouldnt work at firstEmbarrassed
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:41pm
Have you tried operating if from the console yet.  As you put the cartridge in it checks for discs in each tray, then puts them back.  You just then select CD changer with the source button and then select the discs.
pjb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:17pm
Discs are the correct way up

Console displays the message "no disc loaded" then immeadiately switches back to radio, with no opportunity to press any buttons.

From listening to my previous CD changer I think when the magazine is loaded the changer cycles through all the trays starting at 6 & decides if they have discs in and then loads the disc in tray 1 (or the next occupied tray). The loading bit isn't happening, so not sure if it is a fault in the changer the head unit.

The other possibility is that I haven't got the right CD Changer, although I'm told it came from a P11, the cable matches, it powers up, and the head unit is recognising it.
pjb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:10pm
OK just connected it up again & now it's working. Why it wasn't working previosuly will probably remain a mystery.

Next problem is where/how to secure the CD changer. Doesn't fit inside the existing storage box, I have the estate.

Current thought is to cut away some of the trim from the rear of the storage box so I can locate it fully inside and put the cover back on.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:50pm
ResultThumbs Up
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 10:12am
Nice one...... double sided (adhesive) velcro for fixing ?  Mine came out of a Terrano, so had a couple of brackets that bolted directly to the boot floor !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>