Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NIssan Primera P12 Airbag warning light help wtd?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NIssan Primera P12 Airbag warning light help wtd?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NIssan Primera P12 Airbag warning light help wtd?
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:07pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

What is the problem I am unsure to which post above you are referring. What have you had soldered, is this the same fault/component as last time?
sparky139 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky139 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:55am
i am now having the same problem with mine and it already has been soldered once already 
sam sam View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 11:50am
fault code da side module open, how do I close da side module so air bag light will
go off?
o to minus 60 mph
evdslh View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evdslh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 7:33pm
Don't know if the link will tell you this, but I had just this 2 weeks ago. Turned on the ignition for about 7 seconds, just until the airbaglight goes out and then turn the ignition off. Repeat this a couple of times (>3) and (with my car) the problem was gone.

Good luck,

Eric
Plane Mad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plane Mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 6:19pm
There may be a fault, but it maybe just a dirty connection under the seat.
I had this a few years ago with my first P12 while under warranty, the main dealer "cut off" the connectors under the front seats and soldered the wires together, the problem never came back.
The downside is you cannot reset the warning light yourself, it has to be plugged into a computer, any reputable garage can do the computer "reset".
My latest P12 is now doing the same, I've just had the computer reset for the 3rd time in 6 months. Luckily I've a mate who works at a garage who does it for me F.O.C. It's a dodgy connection under the passenger seat, it's triggered when somebody moves the seat. I'll get round to soldering the connection soon.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:53pm
Try this

Have you been cleaning under the seats, it is possible you have knocked a connector.

If you download the free electronic service manual from the link at the top of the general section it will give all the fault messages and procedure for air bag faults.

Good luck
SCHNICK_18 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCHNICK_18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:57am
Hey guys,

Only had my P12 2 weeks, and the airbag warning light has come on! It constantly flashes and on the screen it says there may be an issue with the airbags or pretensioners. Is this a common issue? I'm really hoping that this is a DIY job, a faulty sensor or loose wire etc. Is there anyway of doing a diagnostic on it to find the fault code without taking to a garage?

Appreciate your help!

Post Reply Post Reply