Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 interior light fault

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chico2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 interior light fault
    Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:25am

Hi All

recently bought a p12 primera 1.8se estate (53 reg), have a problem with the front interior light ,
boot light works fine rear interior light does not turn off when doors shut ( one of the door shut sensors/switches ?) is there an easy way to find out which one ? but slightly moor worry-ing is the front one blows bulbs , i change for a new bulb it lit up and then popped within a few seconds , presumed it was just a bad bulb so put another in , which done exactly the same , popped in a few seconds of being on .

Any ideas / help greatly appreciated

Thx  Jason 

essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 1:57pm
Hi Jason,

Please note point 2)

I have edited your thread title for you on this occasion. All future threads with incorrect thread titles, will be removed.

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
chico2k View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chico2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:06am
hi all
 cant say why front bulb was blowing but there was a fault with one of the door sensors, was stuck closed, my electrician( house not auto)  at work found it  , and all seems well now , but dont know why that would blow the lamp , just thought it might help someone in the future .
thanks 
Jason
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 6:59pm
Nissan p12 54 reg interior light stays on all the time. anyone have ideas. Checked all door switches they seem ok. All help gratefully accepted. Does anyone know if theres a relay. please

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 9:32pm
No relay but it is controlled by the smart entrance control unit SECU. You know they are supposed to stop on for 30s after you have locked the car? There is also a switched on/off does that work?
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 9:51pm
Hello. yeah the on/off works. they normally switch off when you put the key in the ignition or you lock it, but they stop on all the time. i've pulled the fuse out to stop the battery draining over night and i've read about a small chip in the control unit that may have blown. It all started today because the bulb blow in the front interior light. Easy fix i thought new bulb. 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 10:58am
You need to check the replacement was an exact like for like change, what happens with the light around the ignition barrel?
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 4:38pm
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-interior-lights-secu-diy-fix_topic44536.html

Have a read through this , the transistor involved acts as a switch it can become open circuit ( resulting in lights not coming on ) or short circuit ( resulting in lights not going off ).
If in doubt give it a clout!
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:12pm
Had a quick look today, the orange light round the ignition is staying on to. I've checked the bulb  7w Tried two new ones still the same. Also had a look for the control box, it doesn't look to hard to get off. 
i think the problem may be in there. Thank for your help all.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:29pm
I don't suppose you still have the old bulb?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>