Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.8 Engine Start Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:53pm
I managed to borrow a new MAF it made no difference, i've just got my hands on a crank angle sensor (25 + carriage and VAT).. i'll let you know how i fair when it's installed..
MattC View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 2:02pm
Thanks for all the input guys.

I think I may have narrowed it down to the Fuel Pump / some connection there. I am looking for the Fuel Pump Relay, according to the ESM, but can't find it. Any pointers for my Right Hand Drive. How hard is it to get to?

About to go try EC-55 - Learning Positions thing from ESM. Thanks for all input, Timeshock, IMCKAY, and AGrice of course!
MattC View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:27pm
Anything with that new Crank Angle Sensor mate?
AGrice View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:42am
I paid to it to be sent, then 4 hours later got a phone call to say the one they had was broken.. So i'm on the search again..
MattC View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 9:10am
So I did the diagnostics in the manual, I can not actually feel a pulse along the fuel line when I switch car to 'On'. I think I am squeezing the right one. I then checked the Relay, and it's getting 12 volts through to that. The checks beyond that, I have no idea how to do really.

Pointers?

Cheers,
Matt.
MattC View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 3:23pm
Can anyone confirm if there is an earth cable on the Primera P12 Petrol that runs to the gearbox? I can see where battery negative terminal joins to the body work, and also to the engine block, but no where else beyond that.

Thanks guys,
Matt.
AGrice View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 6:34pm
Matt

I thought i'd just let yu know spent 180 on new crank engine sensors and it appears to have worked.. i've yet to take the car on a very long run but the error codes are gone and it starts on journeys it previously didn't...
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by MattC MattC wrote:

Can anyone confirm if there is an earth cable on the Primera P12 Petrol that runs to the gearbox? I can see where battery negative terminal joins to the body work, and also to the engine block, but no where else beyond that.

Thanks guys,
Matt.
If you have got the ESM download go to the electrical section pages 14 to 33 where there are picture of all the grounding harness'
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by MattC MattC wrote:

So I did the diagnostics in the manual, I can not actually feel a pulse along the fuel line when I switch car to 'On'. I think I am squeezing the right one. I then checked the Relay, and it's getting 12 volts through to that. The checks beyond that, I have no idea how to do really.

Pointers?

Cheers,
Matt.

Looking at the troubleshooting matrix you're on the right tracks. Might be worth taking the fuel pump fuse out first, crank it a bit, then put it back in before trying it again as if the pressure in the line is already up you might not feel much.

Now enjoying wafty effortless power.
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 10:50pm
I've just read you PM....... I'll be back here to check if you rproblem is resoloved. If not, I'll give you some ideas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>