Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera P11 water/coolant drain plug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera P11 water/coolant drain plug
    Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:20pm
hi,
   I am looking to do a coolant change on my Nissan P11 GT, I am having trouble locating the the plug for which the coolant can be drained from.

Someone told me its on the block itself and not the radiator?

Any advise please as I have tried to download the manual on the NPOC site but cannot download it on my computer.

Cheers

Jason

PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:28pm
Your best bet is to just disconnect the lower radiator hose at the radiator end as the block drain plug is nearly impossible to access.
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:29pm
as above jason just lob off the main hose at the bottom and gush all come out easy.
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
jasrocks View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:44pm
thats great saves alot of time.

The person who owened the car before me used the wrong colour anti-freeze and so using the method of taking the bottom rad hose willl still take all the water out of the whole system even the block/engine?

sorry if this is a daft question i just want to end up with the right stuff in the car before winter sets in.

PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:46pm
It doesnt take it all out of the engine, but it does take most of it out.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:48pm

once you have removed as much water as you can from the lower rad hose, you can 1 shove a hose pipe from the top of the rad to flush out any crap from the rad, then stick said hose pipe into the block, can pull the top hose pipe going into the block the other side...just make sure ya stick the hose where the coolant hose has come off and not anywhere else...

this should flush out the system
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
hoofy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 10:46pm
Try to use genuine Nissan anti freeze, the green stuff, Its no more expensive and seems better than the ''run of the mill'' anti freeze out there..
GT786 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 10:48am
gonna do this on mine soon, how do you bleed the system? just fill the system and start the car and leave the rad cap off ?

99 P11 GT Saloon KLO
99 P11 GTLE Hatchback AJ4
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 3:50pm
yup just fill the system, engine on, rad cap off, I usually also stick the heaters on, and wait till the bottom rad hose gets to temp

FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
rowdy-gti View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowdy-gti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:58am
There`s a bleed bolt on the thermostat housing.
Almera GTi Track Car: 8200rpm DE 191.8whp 211hp @ fly 156lbs torque 1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 101.75. 974kg without driver.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>