Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11: which coilover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baskapteijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11: which coilover
    Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 9:48am
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of lowering my car with a coil over set, but it's very hard to find any sets. Thus far I've found sets from the following brands:
  • D2 (around €800,- per set of 4)
  • BC racing (around €800,- per set of 4)
  • Intrax RS (around €1100,- per set of 4)
Do you guys know any other sets which are priced around or below €1000,-?

Furthermore I'd like to know which of these sets is great and which is really bad. So far I've read good and bad story's about the D2 set, the BC racing set is pretty well received as is the Intrax set.

Thank you in advance.

Bas
HeavyMetalP11 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeavyMetalP11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 10:16am
K sports do somefor around that money. BC seems to be the best
twelve View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite
Top Tosser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 11:32am
I've got BC's on mine and they're absolutely amazing. No idea about any of the others though.
Neilistic View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neilistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 11:50am
I dont know if you can get the meister r or the tein for that kind of money but they seem to be your other choices.

Best Nissan Primera In Show Runner Up JAE 2011

Sexy Six Sport
baskapteijn View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baskapteijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 12:06pm
Hello guys,

I didn't know that MeisterR sold any for my car. I asked them which one and how much it would cost. I can get MeisterR Zeta-s for around pound 599,- from the UK.
DaMasterPNut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NCN Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaMasterPNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 12:08pm
I ran Intrax RS and BC Racing BR.

Intrax RS: too fine threads, no damping adjustable, lowering means shorter stroke, OEM topmounts

BC Racing: less fine threads, damping adjustable, lowering by changing the bracket, BC Racing topmounts

BC Racing is more value for money
Intrax RS is more accesible for revalving/rebuilding
...and I am not Peter!

Nordschleife-counter: 103 laps

7th place @ Time Attack Semi-Pro Street class

johnbr6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Neilistic Neilistic wrote:

I dont know if you can get the meister r or the tein for that kind of money but they seem to be your other choices.

From what I've heard, they only have the templates for Primera suspension but haven't actually produced a set yet???
Neilistic View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neilistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by johnbr6 johnbr6 wrote:

From what I've heard, they only have the templates for Primera suspension but haven't actually produced a set yet???

G mentioned them in another thread so I thought they are available.

Best Nissan Primera In Show Runner Up JAE 2011

Sexy Six Sport
Dan View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Ron Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 1:34pm

Originally posted by johnbr6 johnbr6 wrote:

G mentioned them in another thread so I thought they are available.

Primera not listed on there website
The beast is awakening
PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 1:41pm
Jerrick at Meister R said he has the templates for them so you just have to get in touch with him and he can sort you out and do specific spring rates to your desire too. I cant find a bad review anywhere about Meister R coilovers for any car, though I have heard very rare issues with BCs, cant remember what they were specifically.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>