Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan P12 2005 2.2 DCi - Desperate for help!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan P12 2005 2.2 DCi - Desperate for help!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 7:05pm
It is something called 'Pump Learning' it requires a Nissan reset
Sufi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sufi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 12:52am
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

It is something called 'Pump Learning' it requires a Nissan reset

Can any garage do this? or only Nissan mate.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 10:46am
if they have the diagnostic equipment and know what they are doing then yes. i should add that the majority of people on here that have fitted a new pump/svc have had to have the pump reset done. Only one person on here who fitted an SVC themselves (might have been Grim) did not have it done and it went all right from the start but that is not the experience of the majority
rsxxx69 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsxxx69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 1:33pm

I spoke with nissan today, and they advised me first do diagnostic for the car, because reseting the pump is £90, and diagnostic price i'm still waiting to hear from them, which will be cheaper, what do you think about wich one first to do?

rsxxx69 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsxxx69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 1:44pm

And pump reset is it same as they do full computer reset? or that is do diferent things?

edk_N16 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Edwardo Del Dervo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_N16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:21pm
This may or may not be useful, but this is a link to the Navara forums and their How To Reset the ECU and Pump guide. Now I know that the ECU pin outs are the same on our (The N16 and P12) cars, so this reset might be worth a go. I've not needed to try it yet but I can't see it doing any harm if it's not the right procedure anyway.

Sufi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sufi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by edk_N16 edk_N16 wrote:

This may or may not be useful, but this is a link to the Navara forums and their How To Reset the ECU and Pump guide. Now I know that the ECU pin outs are the same on our (The N16 and P12) cars, so this reset might be worth a go. I've not needed to try it yet but I can't see it doing any harm if it's not the right procedure anyway.

has anyone actually tried this on a P12 Confused
edk_N16 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Edwardo Del Dervo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_N16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:51pm
As I say I have no idea if it will work or not but it can't hurt to try? I mean if the ECUs appear identical then it's likely the procedures are the same.
rsxxx69 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsxxx69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 5:14pm
I tried this on my p12 :"This may or may not be useful, but this is a link to the Navara forums and their How To Reset the ECU and Pump guide. Now I know that the ECU pin outs are the same on our (The N16 and P12) cars, so this reset might be worth a go. I've not needed to try it yet but I can't see it doing any harm if it's not the right procedure anyway. "
Eml gone, seems ok, let's see on the road, i will post the results about 18.00
I hope it works, because everything went ok by the instructions i found on nissan navara forum, eml was flashing, but i did not saw any codes i have to find out this one
Thank you all very much for your help !Wink
rsxxx69 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsxxx69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 5:16pm
ho to figure out any possible faults with your Nav  when you do pump reset and when eml is flashing, does anybody knows?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>