Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 parking camera cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaz2036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 parking camera cleaning
    Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:00pm
hi all can any one tell me how to clean the reversing camera the plastic cover has lots of dust in it i have tried blowing an air line at it and noting seems to help any advice on removal and refitting would be great
gaz2036 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaz2036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 7:45am
i thought i would update this thread myself
i managed to get as far as un doing all the nuts for the number plate seround i gan get my hand in on the outside but there is two studs that just wont budge if i could just get them to move i could get the camera out of its housing do i do a clarkson and hit them with a hammer hmmmmmm i am a precision engineer and it goes against everything i know.
i think i will try again when the weather becomes more tropical brrrr
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 1:52pm
not something I would be attempting in this sorta crap weather we have at the moment
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
gaz2036 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaz2036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:16am
lol nah i will do it in the warmer months but it looks fairly easy as long as taking out the camera doesnt affect the electrics i think i will be ok
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 7:24pm
The camera comes out easy.  You'll need to price the 'glass' off the front, which may mean you damage the casing slightly (bit of trim needs to come off) then you'll need to re-seal it with some silicone. 

Just after I bought mine it got condensation in the lens, so I removed it, cleaned the lens, re-sealed and refitted. Been fine the last 6 plus years.

Wait for warmer weather though
gaz2036 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaz2036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 11:10am
so does that mean i dont need to take the number plate panel off coz that was the way i was going about it ?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 4:35pm
don't see why you have to take the number plate off
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 8:19pm
I think I took my panel off, and also found the rubber seal was badly fitted on the number plate surround, so re-did it.

Use the downloadable manual to find out what needs doing - it was 6 years ago I did mine on a saloon (might be easier)..........
 Post Reply Post Reply