Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12, Loss of Power, help wtd.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12, Loss of Power, help wtd.
    Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 11:04am
Hi and welcome to the forum, you seem to have a few irritating little niggles in with your car.
Not sure if there is much you can do with the buzzing noise other than make sure the connections are solid, sound as if it is on the way out.
The motors are not interchangeable,, as a general note it is the regulator that goes on them and the whole mechanism needs to be changed and as I say rears are different to fronts.
Other than chasing the wiring back and may be checking you have a circuit when reverse engaged not sure there is much you can do
User manuals are hard to get hold of they sometimes appear on Ebay. We have a little help with the console in the how to section which was primarily put up to help our fellow members with Japanese cars that should help you, anything specific just post up in the genera section.
cmurariu View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmurariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 7:31am

Dear friends,

Just purchased my Nissan p12, 2002, 60k km, 2liter, CVT, etc...

Now I need to fix a few things:

Door lock, driver side - buzz noise when it locks. It still does the job.

I plan to open the door panel to see what is wrong. any suggestions?

The window on the driver side is completely dead...I will check to see if it the motor. Are the motors from the back door interchangeable with the front ones?

The reverse camera doesn't work. Only noise on the screen when I put it into reverse. The NAV, other on screen display, etc...work fine. I suspect is the connection. Any ideas how to check for faults?

Also, I need a user manual for the car. The controls are not very intuitive. Anybody can help?

thanks a lot

Be safe!

andy1494 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1494 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 4:51pm
will have a look in the morning probley ask my neigbour he better with this than me will let you no what happens then tks
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by andy1494 andy1494 wrote:

you say front one m8 but which one as i belive there are four i think

you only have two O2 (Lambda sensors) you must be thinking coilpacks where are four off...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
andy1494 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1494 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:29am
you say front one m8 but which one as i belive there are four i think
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 8:30am

P0171 = Fuel System Lean, Bank 1

I'd be looking at the O2 sensor (front one)

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
andy1494 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1494 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 7:39am
well that timeshock has said i went back to garage yesterday afternoon, they told me it just the one slightly confused
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Well There are two mafs on the p12 which  believe are interchangeable, So the one you took off must be working, I assume the one you put on is working so swap the one on the exhaust side with the one you took off and see what happensThumbs Up

two mafs? you sure you don't mean O2 sensors...odd that having a maf on the exhaust side of things..Confused
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
andy1494 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1494 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:37pm
hi there timeshock is there a diagram as i can not see another one in the engine compartment tks
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:42am
Well There are two mafs on the p12 which  believe are interchangeable, So the one you took off must be working, I assume the one you put on is working so swap the one on the exhaust side with the one you took off and see what happensThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>