Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie & prospective owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 9:32pm
Thanks Timeshock,

I'm sure the right car will be out there - just need to keep begging lifts Unhappy until I find it.

Haydn
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 9:33pm
Ah well,

Looked at another today - 04 SVE hatch with 104k miles, I'm hoping to get it to my mechanic tomorrow for him to check out. If it checks out OK I'll probably buy, so fingers crossed.

Haydn
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:20pm
Sorry to keep posting on this but i'm sure someone will have the answers to these questions

Originally posted by Haydnw Haydnw wrote:

A couple of questions I should have asked - how do I check if the discs are in place ?

I take it that if the map disc is missing the sat nav won't work ? but what about the programme disc ?

If either are missing is it a very expensive trip to Nissan dealer or can I beg/steal/borrow a copy from someone with the same car ?

Sorry for the dumb questions Embarrassed but I want to try to get this purchase right.

thanks,

Haydn

Additional question - does the sat nav include european mapping ?

Haydn
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 7:18am
Hi Haydn. The sat nav will cover europe.Checking for discs, press the reject button,If its not there,ask why. They do come up on e-bay now & again.but if you can borrow one,at least you will know if its working ok.
Roy
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:27pm
Roy,

Thanks for the reply - sat nav does work so I guess the disc is in there. Had an extended test drive in the car today and got it checked over by my local garage - no problems found Smile so as of Saturday I should be the new owner of a Black 04 2.2 Dci SVE hatch with leather seats.

Haydn
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 12:03am
Picked the car up this morning Smile- I'm a happy bunny apart from a concern about fuel consumption, I've probably done about 40-50 miles today, fuel computer is showing an average of 26.5 mpg.
I would have expected nearer 40mpg from the 2.2 dci (my 1.9 TDI Passat rarely moved from 38 mpg for similar driving).

Any thoughts ?, the car isn't obviously over fuelling (no smoke)

I'll probably contact the trader that I bought it from in the morning and tell him of my concern, but if anyone knows what could cause poor fuel consumption please let me know.

Haydn
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 12:16am
It is a little early for you to know the MPG and I would not rely on the computer, instead do this:
 The only sure way is to do the following:
Fill up the tank to the neck, absoultely brim it to overflowing.
Reset your trip to zero
Drive until you feel you need to fill again.
Fill to the same degree.
look at your receipt and convert the litres to gallons
divide your trip mileage by the fuel to give MPG
then let us know what you gotThumbs Up

Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 12:40am
Timeshock,

Thanks for your response, I'll confirm what the fuel consumption is as you suggest.

Hopefully the car is more fuel efficient than the computer suggests Smile

Haydn
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 12:54am
Autotrader pic of my new baby

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29612209@N04/5337679922/

Haydn
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:10pm
Timeshock,

You were spot on Respect - filled tank yesterday, at lunchtime today I refilled it having covered 69 miles and it took 7.75 litres.

If my maths is correct that equates to 40 mpg Thumbs Up.

So that's one major worry out of the way - just a couple of concerns now.

On starting from (very) cold engine rattles and idle speed fluctuates a bit.

I've got the classic stereo self adjusting when turning steering wheel when cold.

And the fuel gauge and computer seem very inaccurate (when I filled up yesterday the fuel gauge was showing about a third full but it only took 31 litres - half of the tank capacity to fill it to the brim.

Haydn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>