Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p12 key transponder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera p12 key transponder
    Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 8:28am
I have a p12 2003(2002 series) with the monochrome display.
I bought this car second hand, only 1 key included.
I've found spare keys at Ebay.
Can a Nissan dealer reprogramm the transponder?
I can reprogramm the key to open the doors thanks to the description else in this forum.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 4:50pm
You mean you were have been able to purchase a key and fob that fits the ignition barrel. If so Nissan should be able to code the fob
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 8:42pm
YOU can program the remote as described in how to section
nissan or auto locksmith can cut key and program the chip
Bakerman View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:49am
Thanks for the tips.
I'll report with the results.
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Bakerman Bakerman wrote:

Thanks for the tips.
I'll report with the results.
I'd be grateful if you did report back - I'm reluctant to spend £200 on a key.

Haydn
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 12:05am
to program the key chip you need the 4 figure number for your nats module- the auto locksmith can find this if you dont have it, he then enters a progamming mode with plug in module and he will recode all keys to car using 4 digit number found earlier

the fob can be done as in the how to- just make sure the frequency on side of keys are same e.g 433MHz
Bakerman View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:53pm
It took me a while to get back...Embarrassed
I managed to reprogram the fobs.
A Nissan dealer nearby had the tools(Nissan) to cut the new key I bought on Ebay and link the transponder. I finally have 2 keys with remote and 1 key without! I'm happy! Big smile
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 9:32pm
cool great to hear...and cheers for coming back and posting up getting your problem sorted...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Haydnw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haydnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 12:40am
bakerman,

What did the Nissan stealer charge for linking the transponder ? - i bought a used key fob (complete with transponder chip) and got a blade cut to fit my ignition barrel so the piece of the jigsaw that's missing for me is linking the transponder chip.

Haydn
Bakerman View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 6:53pm
The dealer charged me 5€ for the cutting and 10€ for the linking. I can live with that. Together with the keyfob from Ebay a total of 50€. less than 30% of having ordered it from Nissan.
 Post Reply Post Reply