Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12, rear lights again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12, rear lights again
    Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:32am

P12.. Hi could you please help !!         
    i have been having probs with near side rear lights for a while now ,cleaned it few times and all ok, but lately no joy, with beeping and rear camera coming on when braking its in garage now i told them about the loom fix but the nissan dealer they contacted never heard of it Cry and want a part number  PLEASE HELP !!!!! They now trying earth wire i told them about from here !!!!
Dave............
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:49am
Have you not read the PM I sent last night Dave?

Gazza
It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
wavydavy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavydavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 1:26pm
had exactly that problem, cleared it myself by cleaning earth contacts etc on rear lights and everywhere else I could get at easily,  its now better one side than the other and my towing beeper operates sometimes when  turning left indicators on. When the weather is better I will take another look. Trouble is earth loops through the chassis and wiring causes parasitic voltages on the car electronic sensors which then do weird things.  One way or another cars are a blinkin nuisance...especially when weather is bad and salt is all over the show.
damoeng View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damoeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 4:15pm
here is the part no. i used when getting replacement loom Sub Harness (part N24168BA00E)
hop it helps
P12BILL View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P12BILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 10:15am
Same problem here still, all the lights working fault free but still have trailer mode beeps when indicating right, been an ongoing saga, took it to Nissan, they told me earth circuit has backfed to body computer and spike trailer mode?? Any ideas if it's possible to replace the body computer at home?? Mechanic of 15 years but no Nissan diag machine
stradey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 2:15pm
had car back from garage and all seems ok now , they done extra earth wire and all lights worked exept beeping on both indicators still there and they said thats ok but i told them they only done half a job you dont go into shop and buy shoes with no laces do you.anyway they took all wiring loose from tow hitch as this is where beeping stems from ,cleaned all contacts and ok now but after my so called cheek and standing my ground the buggers charged me £115 Ouch
Dave............
MEHALL View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEHALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:30am
sounds like bad earth.i just fixed mine by soldering 8amp wire from halfords to the earth earth strip inside the bulb holder. if you look at the bulb holder with the indecator bulb at the top it is on right hand side. after soldering take wire through to otherside via hole at the top side of indecator bulb removing cover on outside pull wire into slot were the cover came off and replace cover to hold wire. then spice wire into black loom wire by striping insulation of a bit  5m will do join new wire to lom black wire here and insulate with tap.    it works a treat. also on any other wire in the loom
BIGFOOT1230
halflife2000 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halflife2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:19pm
Why not fixing the plug ?!?! which is the earth pin on the plug? or the cable what color it have? thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply