Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 display problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1herniation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 display problems
    Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 10:27am
I have an 02 p12 sve with about 70k on it, its my wifes main car and as such get regular usage but on short journeys. The problem now is that the dashboard display (DVD) doesn't come on although  it flickers on start up.

occasionally it flickers back into life but then disappears, rain seems to be a contributary factor and I have read (on this site) that there are issues with cold start-up. What i need to know is where to start looking, I am no electrical engineer but it is better to arrive armed with info than staring blankly at the garage. Have many people had to replace these units?, what do they cost and can they be fixed?

As I stated there is a flicker when the car is turned oved so the screens ok, I have checked the fuse and there are no issues there any other ideas-regards in hope

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 10:52am
Welcome to the forumBig smile
This should get you started

As for the rest of the questions you ask you can look at this thread

1herniation View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1herniation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:30pm
Hi , Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give these a go over the weekend.fingers crossed and thanks
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:44pm
Welcome to NPOC,

Hopefully those 2 links will get you sorted.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1herniation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 5:50pm
I have just come back from a very helpful auto electrician today who followed the steps of the DVD disassembly and I am very happy to say it all works fine at the moment and I hope it will continue to do so. I can heartilly agree with the comments'don't try this unless you have good car electrical knowledge' as although the dash seems to come apart quite easily there is a mish-mash off plugs to get wrong if you are not up to speed.
The board (at the back of the dvd player) seems to come out quite easily but the silver box containing the three coils needs to be de-soldered and removed before you can get to the transistor. The units used by Nissan are not sold by anybody else and the company (xavvi it think) do not offer spares so if this fix had not been found then a new dvd would ensue. so thanks to all.

Anyway -I can thoroughly recommend Forge Auto services (http://www.forgeautoelectrical.co.uk/services

07553 373 830

) for anybody near Bristol, and now he knows what to look for

Thanks to everybody who passed on advice.cheers
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 7:22pm
Really pleased you got that sorted. I take it that was the first fix of this type your auto electrician has done. Are you willing to share a guide price for such work?
Boothy1979 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boothy1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 6:20pm

Hi

Can I ask how much you paid?

I am sending mine to Clarion and they are going to fix it for £175. I decided that it was worth spending what might be slightly more to get it done by them. They reckon they have replacement boards from Xanavi now, so they can do a good fix quickly.

I will report back!!

Tom 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Boothy1979 Boothy1979 wrote:

Hi

Can I ask how much you paid?

I am sending mine to Clarion and they are going to fix it for £175. I decided that it was worth spending what might be slightly more to get it done by them. They reckon they have replacement boards from Xanavi now, so they can do a good fix quickly.

I will report back!!

Tom 

Please do feed backBig smile
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1herniation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:57pm
The original work was about 1 1/2 hour and cost £60, at this point the DVD unit was just taken out and the transistor pushed back in. This worked for a while but it jolted loose very soon after (about a week) and I agreed to have the unit removed again (a quick job this time as he knew what he was doing) and the transistor soldered into place (left the unit overnight) for a further £40. a very reasonable deal considering the options, the unit has worked very well since functioning correctly.

I would still recommend forge Auto electrical near Bristol Airport.

Best of luck everyone

Cheers
Boothy1979 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boothy1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 9:39pm
Hi all

I have had my DVD drive fixed by Clarion, they were very good, I sent it Wednesday, they fixed thursday and I had it back by Friday.

Unfortnatley the battery in it ran out so now I am going to have to get Nissan to sort all the codes out which I believe will cost £40. So in total it will cost £215. For this I have got a warranty, so I guess it is worth it, but slightly disappointed the battery ran out and now I am having to fork out more.

Clarion were very helpful though. Nissan were being very hard work in sorting out the code issue and Clarion gave me a lot of help poining Nissan in the right direction without thm charging me for hours of investigation.

I will let you know what happens once I get it sorted!!

Cheers

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>