Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member P11 GT LE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member P11 GT LE
    Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:17pm
Hello, everytime I googled for information about my primera this website comes up so I thought it was time I signed up

I've recently bought a Primera GT LE as a run around because my previous car was failing on me and I didn't want to spend thousands on a car I couldn't decide on

I was wondering how I could smarten the car up - it's a 5dr hatchback and really does look 12 years old :(

Things I want to do:
De tango the rear lights - is this even possible on a hatch ?
I've heard these cars respond well to open air filters - I have an air filter but what else must I buy in order to test it ? Obviously I want to keep the air flow meter attached !
What are the opinion on those cheap eBay stainless manifolds ?

Thanks in advance..
Dan
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:20pm
the ebay manifold kits are one of the best bhp mods for £££ss you can get. makes the car pull stronger and sound better too more freed up if know what mean. alot of members ahve them on.

de-tango lights easy matey try ebay but usually they sell for sill price so try local scrappie as the clear rear lights were not only fitted to GTS they were fitted to other models too. open air filters like k+n will give you better looks and a incredible roar the primera engines sound amazing with open filters.

welcome by the way lol
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:22pm
Rear lights just buy the clear outers off an earlier P11 hatch out the scrapyard.

Air filters are everyones personal preference, everybody says I saw gains with this or that but IMO a panel filter in OEM airbox and cold air feed is best, airbox will keep less dense warm air away from the filter.

Ebay manifolds are great, cant fault them for the money, you may have to open out the holes in the header section as theyre often out of alignment, but great otherwise.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:22pm
Hi Dan and a big welcome to NPOCWave

There is a standard OEM Nissan option for the clear rear corners for your car.. Direct replacement etc.. They came on the earlier NON GT models. You can pick them up from Breakers, eBay and they come up for sale in our trading sections on here from time to time, as a guid expect to pay around £30 for the pair. You must make sure you are buying light units for the hatch! The hatch and saloon look to have identical light units, they are NOT.

Loads of us have been using eBay SS manifolds for years, we used to buy them in the USA before they came over to the UK - No real problems, you get what you pay for. I had one for 8 years and it cracked twice (simple weld up job, on the car).. NO Complaints from me whatsoeverSmile.

If you want to fit any induction cone to the P11, you must make sure it has a 76mm neck and you'll need a MAF adapater from eBay or the like (around £10), simple bolt on and you retain your MAF unit as normal.

Enjoy the forums (and the car) and take care,
Shaun
DanielJames View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:34pm
Thanks for the replies and advice, here are a few pictures of the car

cheers
DanielJames View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:35pm
I've used steam on the interior and engine bay to battle most of the grime, the interior has come up lovely but the engine bay is still looking tired, any recommendations on some products to use?
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:39pm
wow that tidy that matey. engine wise it hard graft im afraid ive tried the usual stuff but it doesnt touch it the only way is to get use tooth brushes and the liek and spend alot of time to do it
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:43pm
as above some gunk or brake cleaner on the engine bay should bring it up nice, welcome along 
 Post Reply Post Reply