Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 7:02am
+1
Hero_MS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hero_MS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 8:29pm
It works ... Thanks alot guys for you help
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 8:31pm
good to hear its sorted for you, and cheers for posting back that its been resolved 
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:01am
if the earth fix dont work next on the list is the sec-u unit which can get confused into thinking you towing a trailerWacko
mikec54 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 4:07pm
hi everyone
I have had this problem for a while,  loud beeping when right indicator is on all the time
and one beep with left indicator and then normal sound.

I have tried the earth wire fix, but it is still doing it

someone sugested reducing the indicator bulb wattage but i can only find 21w 12v which is normal, and I have replaced these for new ones, but still doing it ?

any further ideas would be greatfully received

mike
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:13pm
You can get 10w standard bulb or LED.
Google indicator bulb 12v 10w and 12v led indicator bulb
windum View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:31pm
Great to know these baffling symptoms have simple, known solution. This has started happening on my P12 CVT automatic 2003 - the indicators acquiring the seatbelt bleep intermittently, the reversing camera activating. I also had the sat nav intermittently getting lost, with the red location pointer flashing, turning 90 degrees each time and constantly re-routing.

The most serious symptom seemed to be a temporary lack of acceleration and the CVT kick down, which normally lets the rev counter soar round to 4,000 in an instant not doing much either. The other thing was the display that shows what "gear" you've selected going blank temporarily. Shifting into "manual" mode made no difference.

I guessed this weird range of symptoms probably had a simple explanation, but really, is it all down to a poor earth connection in a rear light cluster??
wINDUM
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:40pm
Won't know until you try
If in doubt give it a clout!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 11:22am
in your case do you think these things happen while you are turning the steering wheel? it could be the wiring loom on the steering wheel. I would give the earth fix a go first as some of the symptoms sound like that but perhaps not all
windum View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 5:29pm
Several pounds lighter after a visit to my Nissan dealer...

They've done one cluster side (they said someone had done something in there already, which may be the earthing fix on NPOC) which has improved but not eradicated the indicator/seat belt chime mix-up, so it's back again after Easter for the other side to be done.

They asked if it was any better or worse indicating left or right - not sure, don't think there's any difference. I don't think that turning the steering wheel affects things. ( I have had that before, it would change radio stations on my old 05 SVE.)
wINDUM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>