Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera Engine Control 2 Fuse blowing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richjwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera Engine Control 2 Fuse blowing?
    Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:22pm
Hello all,
Hope someone can help, I have a 97 primera estate and while driving over a month ago it cut out and would not start again. 
After a lot of hunting around it was found that the 15A Engine control 2 fuse in the driver footwell had blown, every time I try to turn the ignition on it blows the fuse.
Please someone help!!!!

I think it is something to do with the fuel pump but as of now I have not managed to follow that line of enquiry up, other than just purchased a Haynes!

Any advice would be grateful as it isn't much use just parked up.

Thanks,

Richard
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:26pm
Pull the fuse on the fuel pump and try starting it again, if it still blows then it's not the pump
Old enough to know better, too old to change
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:26pm
And welcome to NPOCWink
richjwil View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richjwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:27pm
Thanks for the reply,
Where is the fuse on the fuel pump? and is the pump in the tank?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:31pm
To be honest i'm not too sure about the fuse and it's too dark to go and check on mine, but then again i'm driving a 144. Pump is located at the back, never been into one so not sure if its in the tank. Lift the rears seats and there is a plate held on with a few screws, undo that and if you can't see the pump then it's in the tank.
I'm sure someone will confirm the location soon though.
richjwil View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richjwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:34pm
Thanks again,
I will log on again tomorrow and hope that some has all the answers!!!!

ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:45pm
pump is in the tank, but don't see any reason to go in there, fuel pump fuse is with all the fuses inside the car, behind the wee panel, just above the accelerator pedal...

should say on the back of the cover what number is the fuel pump fuse.
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:48pm
Thanks G, didnt think the fuse was on the pump,but wasn't 100% on the pump in the tank or not. Touch wood i've never had to work on one
richjwil View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richjwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 8:29am
Are you sure there is a fuse there as there isn't one listed on the back of the panel?
And it keeps blowing the Engine Cont 2 fuse, so have you any ideas why that would happen?
Thanks, 
 Post Reply Post Reply