Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2003 ABS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2003 ABS
    Posted: 19 May 2011 at 5:43pm
Hello,

I have just replaced my driver side rear abs sensor, because that is what the computer told me, but the abs light is still on. Could it be a problem with the wire from the sensor to the ECU?  If I was to disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect, would this help? I have an MOT in the morning and in N Ireland too, which is alot more strict than the mainland.

Any help would be great.

Mac
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
Big Mac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 5:45pm
Meant to say, I have a 2003 S 1.8.
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:47pm
Please note point 2)

I have edited your thread title for you on this occasion and started the thread title with "Nissan Primera Pxx..". All future threads with incorrect thread titles, will be removed.

Many thanks and take care,
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
connelly73 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connelly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 7:15pm
Im having similar problems with my 2003 1.8sx P12... Did you take it to a garage to identify what wheel or can you get software and a connector to do it with a laptop/pc..
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 10:41pm
Have you checked that the abs ring is intact?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connelly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 11:35pm
Checked my ABS Rings. Found front Drivers Side cracked. Is this a big job? I have changed drop links, discs, brakes, etc... before myself but wondering if it is a difficult job?
JOHNR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 10:32am
not a big job! best thing to do is renew the whole cv joint (cost £30-£40)
(1) jack car up then remove wheel
(2) take split pin out of hub nut then get someone to press brake so you can slacken hub nut
(3) remove the 2 bolts that hold the shock absorber (strut) to the hub
(4) now their should be enough room now to slide the cv joint out from the hub( take care not to damage abs sensor when doing this)
(5) cut the ties that hold the cv gaitor on and peel it back .then hit the back of the cv joint with a mallet.it should now pop of the cv joint!!!!
______
now just put the new cv gaitor on the drive shaft and put the grease into new cv joint and pop it back onto shaft. make sure it locks onto shaft with the circlip thats on the shaft!
now you can just put the car back together from stage 5 to 1 above. you will need torque settings tho for the hub nut
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connelly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 1:55pm
Cheers johnr you make it sound too simple. Lol... sounds fairly straight forward I take it you get an abs ring with the cv joint then? Or do you need to buy separately?
JOHNR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:21pm
its already pressed onto the new cv joint!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connelly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:51pm
Thanks for all the info.... If I'm understanding your instructions correctly is it possible to remove the ABS Ring after step 3 instead of removing the CV joint or do you need to remove the CV joint because of the way the ring would come off of the Joint therefore better to just replace whole CV joint?

Thanks again and do you know if there are different types of CV joint for my car its a 1.8SX 2003 P12 saloon just found a CV joint for about 16 quid and it says

Nissan Primera ABS 1800CC 16V P12 CV JOINT 99- 03 NEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>