Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 birdview navigation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 8:39pm
Rare for you to be posing questions fossyant.
The Nssan logo is on it own with a black background
I use verbatim DL+R and nevcer had a fail however my system is less than 18months old
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 9:10am
just make sure u burn them on the slowest speed possible. i use vertabim +R dual layer disks

and wat i have found which is common sense really is that if u are using ur laptop at the same time as burning the dvd, then it usually fails, found this out the hard way as i was surfing online at the same time!!!

also for some unknown strange reason, if i burn the dvd's straight after each other then the second one always fails, but if i leave it an hour then its ok, maybe a heat issue or just the burner is sayin christ give us a break lol

Juliex
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 9:46am
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Rare for you to be posing questions fossyant.
The Nissan logo is on it own with a black background
I use verbatim DL+R and never had a fail however my system is less than 18months old

Heh heh. Not on here too often these days. Ta for the answers - I will bob out for Verbatims. Deffo not a black background, so should be OK.
turbodiesel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbodiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 12:32am
Originally posted by turbodiesel turbodiesel wrote:

Originally posted by turbodiesel turbodiesel wrote:

I was wondering how big the unit was in case i missed it in last nights sunset hrs and was looking for an image.

edited. no ebay links in this section, G

Don't think i could miss something this big.....

No Probs, I was just trying to use the image . Will this do instead? http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=38zt59535755coi&thumb=4

Anyway, came accross the below link which guides you through the console functions/menu.

I don't have "navigation" on my menu so that means the cars software must not have included it on the original build.

I hate the way the Irish Distributors don't give us the same spec cars as the UK. Angry

Everywhere on the web you see the spec list for a P12 T-Spec it includes Sat Nav.......double AngryAngry

Photos my my software menu which doesn't have sat nav listed.....just to prove I'm not gone mad....

Before you do it, ask yourself, now what would a wise man do......
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 8:29am
@timeshock

Hi Ash

well this is gettin stranger and stranger, as my nissan is on a blue background, u can see this earlier on in this thread as i have posted some pics

i have just also copied a disk for another member who has the nissan on a black background which does not work for him.

The maps come on, so the disk was burnt correctly,but it is very slow and wen he tries to put in a destination it comes up with wrong map dvd.

hes gonna try the update disk to see if that works, but other than that me thinks that it is now down to pure luck, crossing fingers, strangling the black cat and sawing the ladders in half lol

Juliex
hairy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 10:37pm
Hi Julie - just started downloading the 2011 Primera maps on wuala.  Theres a file marked BAOOC IS,  Should I download that one too or ignore it? From what I can gather from this forum, extracting the 36 files will automatically create an ISO image? Cheers  Simon
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 11:41pm
Hi simon

from wat i can make out, the BAC file seems to be the update disk, but i havn't used that myself.

wen u download all the 36 files, unrar them and u should have 2 files an iso and a mds file.

depending on which software u choose to burn the files is which one u use.

imageburn uses the mds file, make sure u choose the slowest speed possible for the burn

hope this makes sense, it does to me although the couple of glasses of wine doens't help!!!!

Julie

andyloran View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyloran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 3:09pm
I appreciate all the information you have all put into this.  I will try to download and write this dvd, if I can only find a way to get it into the dvd drive. The (old) disc goes in and whirrs but then says that there is no disc in. I don't think the thing is getting all the way in. Is there any way of changing the rubber things that grab the disc? I left it in there and overnight it ran down the battery, so it must be trying to get it in. I hop I don't have to take out te whole thing.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 5:22pm
Are you sure there is not a disc stuck already?
andyloran View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyloran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 6:48pm
Yes absolutely. It is a replacement unit from another car. The one that was in the car got wet, don't ask, and I had it swapped. But the new one doesn't take the disc. I have tried to push it in but it still doesn't sit in and shows 'no disc'. I have kept the other unit, but it looks a huge job to change rollers or whatever is needed to be done. I just wondered if someone had already done it and if so could give me instructions. With pictures if possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>