Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.2DCi power loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kitty321 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitty321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2.2DCi power loss
    Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm
i had the same problem on my car and it turned out to be a tiny split in the fuel line from filter to engine [ small black rubber hose ]  changed this and problem solved
Paintitblack View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintitblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 12:59pm
Just a question about the ECU and pump reset. How do you finish the procedure? At the end after you've pressed and held the pedal for more than ten seconds what do you? Switch off the ignition and start the car?
tony101 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:01pm
how do i check if there is any splits in the pipe or cracks that means ive got to take everthing off again lol
mattsix View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:54am
Sounds like the turbo is not spooling up.
Recheck all of your pipe work and check for cracks/splits etc.
tony101 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 6:14am
i have a nissan primira 2004 se 2.2diesel.my turbo went on the car and i had it fixed.i put it back changed the oild filter,changed the oil,new air filter and fuel filter.I cleaned everything out including intercooler and cleaned the egr out.Istarted the engine the revs picked up but when i put my foot down after 2000 revs im still getting a lot of black smoke.i took it around the block as soon as i put it in gear there is no power in the car at all im only getting just over 1000 revs and a lot of black smoke.can anybody help
wellman69 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellman69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 8:15am
Nissan primera 2.2 diesel poor power on take off

Hello everyone. i had my p12 05 plate changed clutch, dual mass flywheel and gearbox just two days ago. Now the car lacks its usual engine power on take-off. The turbo whistling can not be heard anymore. it feels a different car completely. the car is the [s] type.

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks

wellman
102cars View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 102cars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:16pm
See tonight's new thread P12 DCI loss of power, hope this helps
2004 Primera 2.2dci S Wagon. Loves simple cars like 2CVs. Changes cars a lot, Primera is number 102...
farahgandhi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farahgandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 7:46pm
Hi Adam, I am having a similar problem - can you tell me if the problem was sorted after replacing Suction Valve??
thanharossi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thanharossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 5:25pm
Hi Adam. Hope this works for you mate. Mine does not happen after sitting at idle but it may just beit has not gotten that bad yet. Good luck. Please keep us posted.
AdamH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 7:25pm
rsjon - I have this problem - mine is fine, until it sits at idle for much over 1 minute, it then loses power when you drive off. It is most likely your engine going into "limp home mode". I never had any lights come on the dash when it happened. My local garage (independant - not a Nissan dealer) plugged in the fault code reader and the one that came up suggested Suction Control valve, which is a common problem on ther P12. The part is around £130 from Nissan. It is being fitted tomorrow - I dont think it is that big a job, a few guys on here have fitted the part themselves, but it is beyond my capabilities. I will let you know if it works. Also worth mentioning you apparently do not have to have Nissan reset the electrics when the new part is fitted - the ECU reset above will do the same thing - will update, hopefully tomorrow night with a bit of luck!
2004 P12 2.2 Dci SVE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>