Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P11(?) issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoneill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:16pm
Im glad to see that you are getting stuck in, I feel a bit sorry for that poor connector though ROFL.
Also while you have the IACV out remember to clean the channel from the IACV port to the Throttle Intake, a few squirts of carb cleaner will sort that out.
Fatman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 8:42pm
I've had a quick test drive. (It still works! Even after I tinkered with it! Woohoo!) Doesn't seem a lot different, but I notice it's now idling 1000-1200 cold and 750-800 hot, whereas before it was idling to stall at 400-500. Tonight I couldn't make it stall in any of the usual places. Town driving only, plus very wet conditions, so I couldn't get up to speed and do the deceleration test.

I'll hope for a really really hot day tomorrow (and no traffic) so I can test drive it properly on the way to and from work. Big smile

Fatman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 2:46pm
It's been a week and no hot day. Typical. Sleepy 

I can't make it stall at all now Big smile. I think that problem is solved. Power is back, I can take it up Hackpen Hill in third now (whereas before I had to shift down to second).

The engine is still struggling when I take it up to 3.5krpm, which means I need a long run up to overtake, and I can't get away from a fast junction quickly. It seems to put energy into vibrating instead of accelerating. From what I've read this could be a stretched timing chain or a failing MAF. How can I tell for sure what's at fault?

I've noticed a sort of "kangaroo" action when I'm pulling out of the car park at work, if I'm not really gentle on the accelerator. Is that to do with the TPS?

I tested the TPS today and got no reading whatsoever, whatever position the throttle cam was in. The TPS seems to be totally dead. I tested the voltmeter on another part of the engine and it was working ok. Could a dead TPS cause either or both the above problems?

ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 3:30pm

how exactly are you testing the TPS? odd its showing no reading...could be you are not getting a good contact with the probe to the TPS cables

FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345