Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New member needs to replace SCV on P12 2.2 DCI S
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member needs to replace SCV on P12 2.2 DCI S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liverich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member needs to replace SCV on P12 2.2 DCI S
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:09pm
Hi All

Although registered for a long time I have not joined as a paying member. This is because my P12 has been mothballed since Jan this Year and I have been cycling to work. After reading your forum and chating to a nissan Tech, to get my car purring again, (needed now as I am being relocated and don't fancy cycling 40 miles a day) I need to replace the SCV.

Could someone advise me if the forum has a guide for the general DIY'er to do this? - I have just emailed for joining instructions in the hope that one is avalible.

liverich

The afternoon knows what the morning did not expect.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 4:35pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
To become a fully paid up memeber just have a look here;

As for the SVC we are just trying to persuade a certain somebody on here to kindly post one up but he reckons it is so simple it is hardly worth doing
liverich View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liverich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 4:45pm

Thanks for the reply timeshock!,

Have read the link you posted and already emailed join@npoc.co.uk, for instructions for the Google checkout (or whichever method is the quickest). Just waiting for a reply.

Glad to here it is a simple job - I have been quoted about £140 (from memory) for the SCV from the dealer. Just need to fit this - reset the ECU and Bob's your uncle I hope I am on the road again. Would like though to talk to someone who has done this already (I hope a certain somebody is the one to talk to) before I tackle it.

I then need to hang 2 new doors on the N/S and a new wing on the O/S (please don't ask - both prangs are embarrassingEmbarrassed).

liverich

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 5:02pm
There are certainly a few have done this and hopefully hey will be along for your thread. At least one has posted int he mechanicals bit where at the moment you can not get access.
It is not the ECU per se that needs resetting but the pump learning, and full instructions are on here where you do have access.
liverich View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liverich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 5:33pm
I will have to bide my time - not in a hurry at the moment, but looking forward to becoming a paid up member, so as to benifit from the experience and knowlege on the forum.

Thanks again for replying timeshock! it is appreciated.

liverich
pdblom View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdblom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:25pm
easy, if you can get the bolts out!
I had to to take mine to a garage to get one of the bolts out,very awkward unless you take out the cowling below the windscreen and remove the wipers which is quite straightforward
 Post Reply Post Reply