Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 noises!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowy233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 noises!!
    Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 6:35am
I have a 2.2 dci 05 reg p12 and a couple of prob
Firstly on Sunday I was driving the motorway and there seemed to a vibration coming from the front of the car it cud of been drivers side but no 100% sure and then when I brake at high speeds my steering wheels shakes like it's got Parkinson's , I had the balancing an tracking all done and checked the day before so I'm sort of ruling that out and when it did vibrate the steering wheel was quite still ,

Secondly when I'm driving round town and slow down to pull up and turn the wheel right I hear a little clunky grinding noise co
Wing from drivers side and also whilst I'm driving with my window open It sounds like I have something stuck in my tyre I have checked and there's nowt there ,

And lastly , if I leave my car running for more than 15 minutes there's a slight smell and when I pull away there's White smoke for about 2 or 3 minutes then it goes

I hope some1 can help , thanks in advance andy
JOHNR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:55am
first thing sounds like you need new discs and pads!!!!
second thing could be new discs and pads !!!! or cv joint?
third thing i dont have a clue about!!!!!

imi2003 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imi2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 1:35pm
it could possibly be the wheel bearing, you can check this your self, by jacking the car up, and then holding the tyre with two hands on opposite side and shaking it, if there is any play in the wheel get the wheel bearing changed ASAP. 
Normally if there is a lot of play it messes up the hub as well, so you may have to get a new stub hub as well. Front wheel bearings are about £40. stub hubs about £30-50 from breakers. if you do get parts from the breakers always change the bearing.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:46pm
vibration sounds like the ABS which would be backed up by a knackered CV joint making the clunk and possibly a damaged abs ring.
Smell and white smoke is not good, start checking your coolant level and look under the oil filler cap for mayonnaise, could be the head gasket
 Post Reply Post Reply