Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

air blower stoppeed working.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevekingey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: air blower stoppeed working.
    Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 9:44am
Hi i have a 53 plate primera estate 1.8 yesterday the cabin air blower stopped working i have checked fuses alson checked and cleaned pollen filter but no good , does anyon ehave any suggestions or is it a visit to the garage for me , many thanks . steve.
Treef View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 10:30am
If it works on full speed but not on 1,2,and 3 then it will be the fuseable links on the resistor card that is beside the blower motor behind the glove box. 

Just realised that a 53 plate is a P12 and the heater resister is different on those models and I suggest you have a look at this post, http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 12:47pm
Hi Steve and a big welcome to NPOCWave

Trevor has nailed your answer, so I just get to say hellooooooSmile

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun

PS - You can buy that replacement part (Nissan only) if you don't fancy fixing it, it's a DIY install.
stevekingey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevekingey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 8:44pm
many thanks for your replies going to have a look at it would you recomend getting part from dealer or sourcing one elsewhere ?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 8:51pm
Depends how much you can get one for from a breakers/ebay.

Also, some Nissan dealers recommend replacing the pollen filter at the same time.
Possibly a blocked filter causes higher current on the motor, blowing the thermal fuse in the speed module.

Post Reply Post Reply