Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 7:02am
What have I done wrong?
Roy
Taz Taylor View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taz Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 7:24am
Welcome along Dave,

I'm saying this with crossed everything, but considering the amount of prims i've had, coupled with my sometimes enthusiastic pull-away's, I must be a very lucky chap having never snapped a drive shaft. Once its done you'll soon see what a gem the prim's are.

Plus, like Roy said, you're in safe hands up there, with Roy being a short distance away. 

Hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Regards, Lee

P.S. We missed you at JAE Roy! ACE?
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 7:30am
Hi Lee yes most defo ACE.Was sick as a parrot to miss JAE,went to Spain with the lads,last year it was two different wekends.O well
Roy
davegarner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davegarner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 10:29am
Thanks for that, Roy. Best regards, DG.
davegarner
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davegarner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:02pm
New driveshaft (£49.98 inc. P&P, 2yr warranty) arrived this morning from J&R Trading, Birmingham, and is, as I write, being fitted by my excellent local garage, High St. Garage, Corringham, Lincs.  I'm still hoping that the snappage hasn't had a detrimental effect on the automatic gearbox....WATCH THIS SPACE! Best regards to all, DG.
davegarner
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davegarner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 3:58pm
New O/S driveshaft fitted and working! Thanks to J&R Trading of Birmingham and Matt of High St. Garage, Corringham for getting this P11 GX hatchback up and running again....auto gearbox perfect. Total cost of parts and repair (inc VAT) came to £104.88, so I'm well chuffed. Let's go! Best regards, DG.
davegarner
doug View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 4:09pm
glad to hear it is sorted, now you can enjoy the car 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davegarner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 4:41pm
Thankyou, Doug. I had a pootle round in it after the repair....it's slick. Matt Mechanic has advised upper suspension arms, discs and pads all round, and perhaps new handbrake cables, if there's not enough adjustment left.  I'm going to perservere with it, though. I've retained the old driveshaft...it was always destined to break..it looks like it was made from melted down Newcastle Brown bottle tops, and probably was. Shame on you, Nissan. Best wishes, owd lad, DG.
davegarner
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12