Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Intermittent Wipers Not Working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Intermittent Wipers Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Intermittent Wipers Not Working
    Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 7:22pm
Hi Guys.

Thanks to some light rain last night and today I had the pleasure of finding out I have no intermittent wipers on my car Cry

The single push up / one wipe works and the standard and twin speed work. But I get nothing out of the Intermittent setting. I have tried all three speed positions on the stalk, when I rotate the speed setting the wipers flick once and then never move again.

On my old Fiat Marea the wipers where controlled but a board in the wiper motor itself and replacing the motor fixed the intermittent problem on that car. So what is the deal with a P12 Pimera? 

The fact the wipers flick once as I change the speed setting to me suggests the control stalk is okay and the fault lies somewhere else - at whatever times the wipers.

Any ideas on this and what  I need to look at?

Thanks
Andy
old_member View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 5:55am
Does anyone have any ideas on this? Do I need a new wiper motor or something else as I still have this problem and no idea what to look to replace.

Andy
JOHNR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 11:31am
not exactly sure but i'm sure i read somewhere on this forum that you have to replace the motor!
try using the search option on the forum! you might find the answer there
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 6:26pm
The only thing I can suggest is that you download the electronic service manual and have a read as it it too complicated to repeat here.
It would suggest that it is the connector in the stalk/steering wheel and you need to get your tester going
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 6:44pm
Oh joy....

Thanks guys, I did do a search of the forum in case and it turned up a blank sadly. I will get the manual and take a slow read through it tonight.

Thanks
Andy
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 7:10pm
From the wiring diagram, the switch/stalk looks like the most likely cause.
It contains the wiper amp, which controls the intermittent wipe.

The motor moves the arms and has the park position sensor. If your wipers wipe and park when switched off, unlikely it is the problem.

Check fuse 26. Looks like this would stop the washers working though.

JOHNR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:14am
must have been the parking fault i read before! disregard my diagnosis
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:53am
does your car maybe have the rain sensor? big box behind the mirror.
Then it could be that it is malfunctioning or maybe the rain was just not heavy enough to make it wipe the screen.
Possible check: turn the stalk setting to shortest interval (clockwise). Throw a bucket of water on the windscreen at the location of the sensor (mirror). Of course with the ignition on ;)

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by wickydude wickydude wrote:

does your car maybe have the rain sensor? big box behind the mirror.
Then it could be that it is malfunctioning or maybe the rain was just not heavy enough to make it wipe the screen.
Possible check: turn the stalk setting to shortest interval (clockwise). Throw a bucket of water on the windscreen at the location of the sensor (mirror). Of course with the ignition on ;)

Oooooo I looked on Parkers. My car is a 2004 SE which is supposed to have rain sensing wipers... And there is a hell of a box behind the mirror so it may be that.

I will try and test it this weekend by spraying a hose on it and see what it does if anything. But I assumed the rain sensor would either - turn on the wipers automatically if it was raing hard enough regardless of where the stalk was set or just set them to intermediate from full when I paused driving like when stuck in traffic...

Something else to look into if time allows this weekend.

Andy
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:01pm
I think with the stalk you can set the sensitivity. Clockwise for more sensitive, so earlier wipe.
And if the stalk is set to off, then the sensor does not activate wipers either.
But I'm not sure. I don't have the sensor myself.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>