Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Intermittent Wipers Not Working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Intermittent Wipers Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by wickydude wickydude wrote:

I think with the stalk you can set the sensitivity. Clockwise for more sensitive, so earlier wipe.
And if the stalk is set to off, then the sensor does not activate wipers either.
But I'm not sure. I don't have the sensor myself.

Correct
VillageMasteringUK View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VillageMasteringUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 11:14am

Hi,

I developed exactly the same fault as this, had it checked by my indie garage, and it is stalk failure (the end portion of the stalk - the intermittant adjustment - fails, so normal wipers work but intermittant doesn't. Sometimes the rear wipers will fail with this too, as was the case with mine.

I checked all fuses whic h were fine, then took it to the garage, fully checked and definately stalk failure.   I have a new wiper stalk (eBay, £19.99) arriving this week.

Hope this helps.

David
Johnstone/23 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnstone/23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 10:33pm
There is a relay. Its just next to the front wiper motor and to the right. Its either black or grey. Now u Just have to find a new one. But I guess a nissan almera one may fit if you cannot find a primera one.
stephen2079 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen2079 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:30pm
Spot on, Wickydude
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12