Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 Electrical problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:23am
Did my starter motor last year, fun fiddling it around the exhaust, not as scary as the Haynes manual makes out.
tiahaar View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiahaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 2:33pm
I agree, I fitted mine quite easily.Would have been easier if my Dad and the dog weren't invloved!!!
I've also noticed I'm missing an earth lead from the gear to chassis, which I'll replace. I have attached another earth from a different point but I'll use the correct points.

Does the speedo sensor run through a relay or fuse? 
tiahaar View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiahaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:54am
I'm still struggling to find a new speedo cable.
The cars been off the road for months now...
Does any have a manual that can tell me what I should be looking for?

The chasis plate has the following information.....
5JNFFAP11U0598814
FFAP11
EDGARBFP11EEA
93/81 0060.

I've got a funny feeling that the engine and gearbox have been changed before I got the car because when I order parts to service it I have to order parts for a 1.8 not a 1.6.

Can anyone help??

If not I'll speak to my local Nissan dealer (probably cost a fortune!!).

Thanks,
Kevin
tiahaar View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiahaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 7:09pm
Ok, I've been to see a Nissan dealer today.
The sensor I thought was the speedo sensor is the fly wheel sensor which works the rev counter.
My speedo is controlled off the ABS. I changed the ABS pump the day the speedo stopped working but assumed that I damaged the speedo / wiring fiddling about with the starter motor, which I changed the same day.

I've bought another unit off Ebay but can anyone tell me if I've the correct unit?
I've ordered a 0265 216 586.
Reading elsewhere on here you have to have the exact replacement for the ABS to work properly.

Help again please!
Kevin 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12