Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Primera P12 2004 Sidelight Bulb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianaubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Primera P12 2004 Sidelight Bulb
    Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 10:15am
Hi All. Anyone got any idea how i can change the sidelight bulb on my Primera 2.2 Diesel. It is on the battery side of the car and doesn't seem a lot of room unless i dismantle half the car.Surely changing a bulb shouldnt be a garage job? Any help appreciated.
Confused
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 11:36am

Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

If that bulb has blown then it is time to change the carLOL, however it in reality it is quite an easy thing to do. but not easy to explain because I do not wish for you to break anything.

If you go to the top of the general section and download our free service manual for your model all will be explained on page LT54 with picturesThumbs Up
brianaubin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianaubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 5:03pm
Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll buy a bulb and give it a goSmile
DerekTurner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerekTurner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:53am
Well I have the same problem but on the driver's side. 
I looked at page LT54 of the service manual and it does not even mention the side lights and the picture is only of a plug and bulb indicator light. So I must be looking at the wrong manual. Or do I need better glasses ? 
Is there another page LT54 somewhere else please ? At the moment like Brian it seems to me that you have to dismantle most of the front wing and a few pictures might help. 
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:33pm
Page LT-57 in the 2003 manual ............ it's a slide and tilt movement to remove but refer to manual first.
If in doubt give it a clout!
DerekTurner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DerekTurner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:57pm
Thanks for the clue in the 'slide and tilt'. It is so easy but not obvious.

What you do is look for a flexible white metal flap or handle that sort of pokes out from behind the parking light in the corner above the main beam.

Twist the white flap and pull out the bulb holder. That's it.

Many thanks.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 7:19pm
Glad you figured it out .....since I gave you the info for removing the side repeater "oops"
Page Lt-9 shows the bulbs fitted to the headlight unit although it does not show the the long white tab for the sidelight.
It seems the whole unit is only held in with one bolt and I think one member removed the unit to replace a bulb.           Thumbs Up
If in doubt give it a clout!
bemolle View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bemolle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:43pm
At my car it's rather a grey plastic flap, anyway after I read Your post it took lees than 5 min to replace the bulp Wink
Do it if you know how to do it!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:00pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply