Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 Rear Pads / Calipers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motowndj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 Rear Pads / Calipers
    Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 2:34pm
Afternoon all - might sound like a stupid question, but the "w" shaped clips on the pads, do they go inside or outside the caliper? I've just unseized/resealed both side calipers, but one side the clips were inside, one side outside!! It seemed logical they should be inside, but it made it almost impossible to get the pads in again??

thanks for your help
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 2:37pm
The thin metal shims?
If so they fit onto the back of the pad
Old enough to know better, too old to change
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 3:47pm
Hi there and a big welcome to NPOCWave

I have edited your thread title and made sure it starts with "Nissan Primera P11 144..." - Please keep on top of that (it is explained in our forum rules):

motowndj View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motowndj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 8:24pm
oops - sorry Shaun, will get it right next time

Crazy Taxi - no, not the shims - at the top of the pad, fitted to the "nipple", is an inverted "w" shaped spring clip - there's a recess inside the caliper casting which looks like it's where it should go, but it the makes the pads almost impossible to fit. If you push the clip through the slot in the caliper, so it sits outside, it fits perfectly, but I'm concerned it will stop the pad travelling correctly - anyone have any ideas, or can confirm for definite (I've got a copy of the Nissan workshop manual, but it doesn't show enough detail)?

thanks again all

ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 9:08pm
got a picture of em by any chance?
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
motowndj View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motowndj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 9:27pm

the clip at the top can either sit in a recess in the inside of the caliper, or go through the slot with the "nipple" and sit outside the caliper

thanks again for your help
motowndj View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motowndj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 9:56am
Morning all, quick update, have seen a picture on a similar post, clips go on the inside - I was making hard work by reassembling the caliper prior to refitting, if you fit the main body first including the pads, then fit the sliding part, it goes back together fine. Thanks for your help, topic now closed.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 1:33pm
cool good to hear you've got it all sorted, and thanks for posting back, may help someone else in the future
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
 Post Reply Post Reply