Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:09am
My guess is the ECU is not a perfect match as returning my old One caused my radio to start working again, I pried further and discovered the ECUs only had same pins but not the same model number. My guess is he used a different ECU which wasn't programmed for NP P12. I'll check back with him. Thanks
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:20am
The communications between the NATS ands the ECU is very complicated, too complicated for me to understand fully, I have a feeling that the hard code for the AV unit (AV unit are all hard coded on P12s) do not match and needs re-doing
Victory View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:46am
What do you suggest as the way forward I so wanna get my sound back.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:41pm
I think you guessed right. He used a mismatched ECU.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Victory Victory wrote:

My guess is the ECU is not a perfect match as returning my old One caused my radio to start working again... Thanks
Did you just re-install the original ECU or you reprogrammed it back in?
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

The communications between the NATS ands the ECU is very complicated, too complicated for me to understand fully, I have a feeling that the hard code for the AV unit (AV unit are all hard coded on P12s) do not match and needs re-doing
Not complicated really. All that's required is just to programme the key(s) back in.
Victory View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:00pm
Forgot to mention, on reinstalling the old ECU, the car didn't start I guess I need to program the key first. I'll check in with a dealer.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Victory Victory wrote:

Forgot to mention, on reinstalling the old ECU, the car didn't start I guess I need to program the key first. I'll check in with a dealer.

To be done by a key programming tool.
Btw, wasn't the second ECU programmed in by your tech?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:41pm
Is this tech just a friend of yours or is this what they do? if the later they need do this properly, take it back and get them to sort it.
BTW, that was an important piece of info you missed out there about the keys not workingWacko
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:00pm
I'm suspecting his car is without a Nav unit, and that his AV unit refused to work because the new ECU installed supports a Nav unit with the AV unit. It's a mismatch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12