Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flashing man on dash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian_magicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flashing man on dash
    Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:31pm
Hi, I just bought a 2005 2.2L Diesel P12, I will post photos as I fix it up, I think this car had water damage, their is a musty smell in it, so I took out the two front seats to take the carpet and padding up. I had to put the frount seats back in, so I could drive to work. The air bag light was flashing, so I took the battery cables of and touched them together, the air bag light is now back to normal. the new problem is their is a yellow man flashing on the dash, it use to be a car with a spanner flashing but now a man.
can anybody please help. The carpet and padding is nearly dry, plan to fit it back in at the week end, have to take the seats back out to do thisCry This is a great club, thank you all so much.
Dublin Ireland.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:40pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

The orange flashing man is indicating that one or more of the child rear door locks are engaged
brian_magicbus View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian_magicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:47pm
Thank you so much for the quick reply, I only have this car 3 days, still finding my way around it. don't mean to ask a silly qustion, but how do I un engage the child door locks, thanks for taking the time to answer this post.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:53pm
Just bang up the questions, we will try our best.

Just open the rear doors use your key in the plastic slot and turn, that will engage/disengage the lock
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian_magicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:59pm
Thanks timeshock, can you help me with this, when I try to open the boot with the switch on the drivers door, I can here a clunk, like it is trying to open, but it wount, I have to get out of the car walk to the boot, press my key twice and open the boot by hand.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:18pm
You can press the key button without getting out the car but that is just a workaround.
When you press the button in the door make sure you hold it long enough, this is a safety feature to ensure you do not do this unintentionally while driving. Try that first but if it persists we shall move on
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:24pm
Welcome to npoc.

Sounds to me like the lock motor is working, but that there is something preventing the boot to just rise a bit. Don't know if its a spring, if it is it may have insufficient force to pop the boot open.
If the motor were faulty, you could not have opened it with the boot switch on the outside either.
You could try to (re)grease the moving parts in the locking mechanism (after cleaning any goo out). Also the boot lid hinges might like a bit of lubrication.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian_magicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:32pm
Big thank you to you both,timeshock/wickydude
 Post Reply Post Reply