Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2003 headlamp bulb replacement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2003 headlamp bulb replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safiali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2003 headlamp bulb replacement
    Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 4:51pm
Hi,

I just bought a nissan primera p12, year 2003, 1.8 litre petrol a couple of months ago. For some reason the headlight bulbs have gone dead one after the other within a span of couple of weeks. Im thinkin of replacing them myself, i already bought the bulbs (H4), but now need some guide explaining how to really go about replacing the bulbs. (pictures would be highly appreciated)

I checked the how-to section but didnt find my answer there...sorry if it has been asked before.

Regards,
Safi

SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 7:04pm
Bulbs can blow if the battery is tired and not charging up efficiently as then the alternator output can get a bit out of control.  No idea about changing them as I'm a P11 owner, but I can't see it being very difficult.  WikiAnswers has some info:-
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_replace_the_headlight_bulb_located_on_a_Nissan_primera_p12

1997 2.0 SLX P11
twelve View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite
Top Tosser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 9:42pm
Hi Safi and a big welcome to NPOCWave

I have edited your thread title and made sure it starts with "Nissan Primera P12" - Please keep on top of that (it is explained in our forum rules):

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum-guidelines-rules_topic2.html?FID=1&PR=3

Point 2)

Many thanks and take care,
Phil
safiali View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safiali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:04am
Hi,

Thanks guys. I followed the link given in the reply above, and as mentioned it was a 5 minute job.

So just to clarify a few points for anyone else who might be looking for this info:

+ i didnt disconnect the battery terminals
+ start my figuring out which bulb you have to replace, and then take off the rubber dust cover behind it. Comes off just by pulling a bit on the edges.
+ once the dust cover is off, you see two wires going into the back of a black plastic connector. YOu dont see the bulb at this point, since its on the other side of this connector.
+ rotate the connector with your fingers counter clockwise. It will come out almost instantly. You may need to apply force to get it to rotate. Its almost like opening a coke bottle :p
+ once the connector is free, it comes out of the headlamp, along with the bulb.
+ just pull the bulb straight out (no rotation here) of the connector.
+ put it new bulb, put the connector back to the socket and rotate clockwise this time to get it to fit in. Put the dust cover back.
+Replacing the cars left headlamp is a bit more easier cause you get more space to maneuver your hands, the right headlamp has the windscreen cleaning liquid bottle right behind it so a little less room, but still manageable. :)

Bulbs:
--------
The low beam light requires H4 headlight bulb, the high beam light requires H7 bulb.
You can go for the neon/xenon or whatever if you wish ofcourse :)

Regards,
Safi
Hossain View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 7:25pm
Hi--
I am from Finland and few months before i was buying Nissan primera p-12 and i like my car.I have small problem when i bought my car with car i got user's guide book but unfortunately it is in Finish language so its so difficult for me to understand.I will be so happy if i will get download link of user's guide of nissan primera in English.My car model is 2005.Help me please-----
Hossain Md Sahid
gbr1918 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbr1918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 11:24am
Hi,
If you are replacing right hand side dip headlight bulb, the washer bottle filler spout comes out to allow better access.   Just turn it anticlockwise 20 degrees and pull:  it attaches bayonet style.   With this out of the way the bulb change is easy.
Dave
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:35pm

I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

Post Reply Post Reply