Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 misfire & loss of power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neilski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 9:40pm
Good to know.
I replaced my MAF with a second-hand one off Ebay years ago - still have the old one and have been meaning to try cleaning it sometime (cos I've got nothing to lose, despite the numerous warnings that the Bosch MAFs can't be cleaned...).
jericho7 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jericho7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 11:54am
ups, yes CRC MAF cleaner..

I've read that this is the only one good that should be used. I cleaned MAF 10.000 km before too and it worked good all the time.

I'll see now how it drives with cleaned MAF for the second time. I got feeling yesterday that it is doing some problems again, but there was no actually loss of power, maybe I just had some fears..

I also replaced the original manifold today and remove pre-cat, while installing sport header from OBX - for Nissan Sentra (QG18DE) and car drives different again, so I need to drive some more days if cleaning of the MAF was successful.

Anyone knows, if heat wrapping of the header / manifold is good as I see it's quite hot in the machine from the header when you stop driving. New header doesn't have an heat shield anymore now...

best

jericho7 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jericho7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 12:56pm
and this is how you can clean MAF - with a small brush (worked for an mechanic for 38 years):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX2Y44Np8VM

or here, this guy is cleaning MAF's with Alcohol and says it worked for the last 12 years :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjtY4lb6WP8

I'll try to re-clean it like that as there is still some dirt on my MAF that doesn't go off with just CRC spraying...

let's see  :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234