Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New owner of 2004 Nissan Primera SE TD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:36pm
Don't think you can
lillypodsparrot View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillypodsparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:29pm
ok, I'm guessing turn the music up which was what I did driving back from Doncaster last night, most of my travels over the coming weeks are only local except for 1 to Crewe in 2 weeks time , I may well have it sorted by then. Once more thank you for your help. Kind regards. Owen
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillypodsparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:06pm

I have removed the lock but don't have the means to test if power is getting to the lock to open/close other than using the key fob, the key fob opens and closes all other doors bar the rear tailgate/door so I'm guessing that the lock is kaput unless someone else comes up with a different theory. Thanks in advance. Owen

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 5:31pm
what about the unlock button on the drivers door?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillypodsparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:15pm
I can get in/out of the car no probs using the remote key fob, I have also tried the unlock/lock using the key on the passenger door but still no activety on the tailgate/back door. I've just been to my bro-in-law & he's determined that it's probably the lock which is at fault. I will ring a couple of dismantlers tomorrow who I know have the Primera estate for a price on the lock & also check with local Nissan for a new price. Thanks once more. Regards. Owen
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillypodsparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 3:26pm
Ok folks here is where I'm at so far with this problem. Went to the breakers yard this morning & had them remove the lock (actually seen the removed lock working) replaced the lock on mine & still won't open/lock from remote key fob. I then tested my lock on breakers car & my lock is ok. On way back home decided to call into auto electricians for advice/guidance & my car is booked in for monday. The technician seems to think there is no voltage getting to the lock & ECU may be faulty he also suggested that they maybe able to bi-pass using a feed from 1 of the back doors. He seemed to know what he was talking about (went over my head) and I have used them in the past. Any other comments or advice greatly appreciated. Regards all. Owen 
modsman View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:39pm
Sounds like a grounding fault to the BCM or damaged wiring.
Skymera
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillypodsparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:21pm
Hiya modsman & thanks for the reply, does BCM mean 'boot control mechanism'? not sure how wiring can get damaged other than the wire section from boot/tailgate to rest of the car. I was probably not a million miles drom you today whilst at the breakers in Preston. I'm in Skelmersdale, once more thanks for your help. Owen
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 11:35pm
That is why I referred you to the ESM to read the voltage/continuity of the connect, get your self a multi tester to find the fault. I would definitely not advise by-passing anything on the electrical side for the P12 as it is likely to cause you serious problems
modsman View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 11:45pm
BCM =  Body Control Module. Basically it controls central locking, interior lighting, chimes etc.

I'd be checking the rear lighting grounding connections as Nissan tended to route a lot of things that way, problematic grounds have been known to drive the car crazy.
Skymera
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>