Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NissanPmera P12 Air conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NissanPmera P12 Air conditioning
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:18pm
My aircon temperature seems to only go down to 18 degrees.  Is there any way of getting it colder, or at least bringing cold air in (without opening the window.....)?

Advice would be appreciated.
Even this shall pass away......
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:22pm
Nope. 18.is it. It's just the same as low on other cars, it will belt out cold air. Ps you won't feel much benefit at the moment as the outside temp isnt that hot really.
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:24pm
Have you had the air con. Serviced, or have you left it on over winter...

I don't use my p12 much, but the air con is always on.
Teacher View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 4:58pm
Thanks, I never really knew, since it's my first aircon!  I haven't had it serviced.  Is there an way of telling if it needs doing?
Even this shall pass away......
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:13pm
Yes, it's not cold. If the pipes are cold on the left of the engine, it's working.
lammy426 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lammy426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 7:12pm
funny this my p12 goes down to 16 all my other nissans only go to 18 as stated above,halfords do a free check and £10 to top up (not tried it yet but i'm thinking of taking the patrol there soon)
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 9:25pm
Mine 18.
Of course the outlets are colder than that.
For the OP: 18 degrees is the setpoint of the climate control for the average temperature inside the car. It is measured through a small opening in the panel beneath your steering wheel. The Cc will blow cold air in, outlet temp around 6 degrees or so, until it reaches the required room temperature.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to drive in room temperatures lower than 18

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 9:28pm
Oh, and of course it will blow warm air if outside temp is cold, even if ac button is on. It will just dry the air and mix it with warmed up air from the heating system.

wellman69 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellman69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:15pm
Nissan Primera 2005 DCI

Hi Guys
My nissan primera 2005 DCI keeps blowing air in. Even when I press 4 to switch it off, it just swicthes to automatic and the blowing continues.If I try it on manual, it runs and the speed seems a beat abnormal to me.  The temperature can be changed but that it seems to just go on and on.
I believe this should not be the case as it used to allow turning off completely.

Please help me.

Wellars
wellman
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 6:33pm
Haven't seen that fault on here yet
Looking at the ac section of the service manual it sounds like the ac amp has a communication fault or gets a failsafe signal from the av unit. Best download the service manual from the how to section if you have not done so yet. There are a couple of things you can check. Maybe just a loose plug or bad contact.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>