Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B G Comber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Radio problems
    Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 3:15pm
Hi

Anyone have this problem,  I have a  Nissan Primera Estate 2006 P12 model and the radio does not work, the garage I bought it from ordered a replacement, I'm not sure if it's a part ordered or new radio however I have no volume on the radio though my CD plays fine. I have been waiting over 6 weeks for the ordered part arriving from Clarion, the garage service manager keeps saying it is on backorder and they are waiting for Clarion to supply them. The car is under warranty for another 5 weeks, but I am getting really impatient with this situation after 7 weeks ownership and still no radio. I am under the impression that I cannot change Radio from  Clarion to another system as it is linked to Nats and other controls on the panel so another system will not work . Is this right? Anyone else aware of this problem from Clarion? I purchased the car of a main dealership and they appear genuine in being unable to get part from Clarion.
Renegade1127 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 4:26pm
If the P12 is the same as the P11-144, then you CAN fit an aftermarket stereo.
The original Clarion won't work in any other car because it 'talks' to the NATS and won't work unless it gets a coded response.
Aftermarket stereos don't talk to the NATS, so will still work.  You will probably need wiring adapters to tie it in to the other controls, but it will still work as a standard stereo without the adapters.

crowman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 4:39pm
I had an intermittent fault with my P12 , sometimes it would work sometimes it didn't, when it did work you couldn't adjust the volume or station. When not working a green screen with black SECURE message was displayed.

Tamwort auto electrics sent all three components to Clarion who I needed to replace radio as it had a microprocessoe fault £199.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 4:52pm
The P12 is unlike any other previous version of primera, you are stuck between the fitted one or multi cd changing one both by Clarion and only for the P12.

Patience my friend and enjoy the other toys for a while
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 5:14pm
Hi Brian and a big welcome to NPOC

I have edited your thread title and made sure it starts with "Nissan Primera P12.." - Please keep on top of that (it is explained in our forum rules):

Point 2)

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
B G Comber View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B G Comber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 6:21pm
Hi , Emoticons

Thanks for the advice , it looks like I will just have to be patient for a while longer, this is my third Primera and I have never had problems with obtaining parts before, it is annoying , in that , Nissan appear to have made a bad decision in respect of  the compatability of the Radio system by linking it  with NATS in such a manner that you cannot change the system or even upgrade it in anyway. I'm sure a lot of younger Nissan drivers are put off by this as they love to upgrade their music systems and stamp their own personality on their  cars. Nissan seem to have scored an own goal here.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 6:52pm
Clarion Service should be able to fix it. Maybe you could push the garage down that route?

It is possible to add MP3 input using an interface box.

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 7:53pm
Agreed it is a pita ifor upgrades. On the plus side, I never worry about some unwanted guest stealing my radio.
Which of course is one of the main reasons for the integrated radios. Not only p12s, but most other car brands do it.

If you're handy, you CAN make an afterrmarket radio fit beneath the cd unit, but it takes some diy. Some guy on here did just that.. Can't find the post tho.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
delfino italia View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delfino italia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 5:34pm
hi guys I have the same problem.autodiagnosys tell me cd changer isn't connect with the sistem. I have founded him (in the back of the car) and fixed but still doesn't work. sorry for my english,i'm italian.
 Post Reply Post Reply