Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Engine not starting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOFFMEN99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Engine not starting
    Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 4:09pm
I own a Nissan Primera P11, but to my greatest surprise the car stopped working after my technician had replaced both the power steering belt and the alternator belt.
The technician had checked all the fuse switches but no fault, the car battery is very good as well.
Though the technician said the brainbox(Processor) is the fault but i dont think so.
I eventually called on another engineer to diagonize  it using OBD device. The result was the following;

(1) 000e t/c clutch sol/v
(2) 000f line pressure slv

Pls help!!!!
what may be the cause?

essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 4:11pm
Hi and a big welcome to NPOC

I have edited your thread title and made sure it starts with "Nissan Primera P11.." - Please keep on top of that (it is explained in our forum rules):

Point 2)

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
Sonic2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 4:13pm
Cant say ive experienced such a problem, but looking at the work done to the car and checking the wiring to the alternator is secure would do no harm.

The starter motor is usually out of the way to have been accidently disconnected, but again, no harm in checking all the connections are secure.

Check the battery voltage also.
HOFFMEN99 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOFFMEN99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 1:30pm
Thank you sonic, i have changed the ignition magneto yet to no avail.
I remembered my technician topped the power steeering oil, could that be the cause as well?
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 2:17pm

what year is your car and engine?

Primera can get flooded quite easy at times and when turning it over it will sound like no compression. It's easy to sort.

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
HOFFMEN99 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOFFMEN99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 3:27pm
That is true Ant-Dat, Primera gets flooded easily, my car got flooded 3 days before it stops working, though it"s a minor flood which of cause couldn't have damaged the ECU, and if it was damaged by the flood it wouldnt ve been able to communicate with the Launch diagnostic machine.

My car is Nissan Primera 2000 model P11

Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 3:55pm
OK reason i ask 2000 is a change over period from a P11 to a P11-144 and need to know which before advice can be given.
If you are unsure of which your car is. Can you tell me the engine size? or post a picture of what it looks like.

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
Renegade1127 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 4:22pm
Hi Hoffmen99,

When Ant-Dat says the Primeras get 'flooded' easily, he means having excess fuel in the cylinders.
That leaves the spark plugs wet with fuel, which stops the spark plugs from firing.

jsymie View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsymie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 12:19am
I know this is an old thread and all but can someone advise on how to remedy flooded cylinders in a primera
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 12:47am
Gas pedal flat to the floor. clutch down, wind it over till it starts
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>