Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 ESP ABS Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newcaragain1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 ESP ABS Problem
    Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 3:14pm
Hi new here hope someone can help  we have a 2002 p12 auto t spec  
the esp and abs lights are staying on all the time.....if you press the switch for the esp nothing happens....have taken off battery lead and replaced still the same....abs fuse ok dont know if there is a fuse for the esp as fuse cover dont list it anywhere and owners book no help

not sure if fault is with abs or esp....or both....please can anyone help?? THANKS
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 11:42am
Hi there and a big welcome to NPOC

I have edited your thread title and made sure it starts with "Nissan Primera P12..." - Please keep on top of that (it is explained in our forum rules):

Point 2)

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 5:32pm
Welcome to the club

You can download the service manual free from here.
Don't know how mechanically minded you are but the service manual also mentions the slip indicator lamp being on when a fault is detected.
Some basic checks you can do for yourself is to check the security of the connector to the ESP/TCS/ABS actuator in the engine compartment, also check for cracks and dirt on the ABS rings at each wheel.
If you have an Ohmmeter you can check the resistance value of each wheel sensor ( 1.4K - 1.7K ) and that the wiring isn't damaged.

A starting point at least.
If in doubt give it a clout!
newcaragain1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newcaragain1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 8:33pm
bought an obd 2 reader found it to be nsr abs sensor faulty changed and now all sorted
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 12:55am
Glad your problem is resolved and thanks for the feedback. Thumbs Up
If in doubt give it a clout!
PaulFraser View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulFraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:00am
What code reader did you buy to get the abs codes please ( my Dad has a similar problem)?
Quicksilver View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quicksilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 3:33pm
Hi there, Did you ever get a reply to the question?

I also have  P12 Primera that just developed the same fault, (2.0L T-SPEC manual, 79.5k miles).

Car was driving normally then without warning the ABS light came on. Later when restarting the ESP light came on as well.

Ant tips to fix would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Q.
RJ View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 10:55pm
This same problem just appeared on my 2005 P12. ABS warning and ESP off, with the ESP switch not having any effect. Also I hear beeping whenever I press the brakes to slow down. Checked the ABS fuses below the dashboard and even the few under the hood. None of them are burnt. I'll have to find an OBD reader to discover the cause. Being abroad now, I didn't bring my own OBD reader with me. Good to know about your solution. I imagine it's most likely the ABS sensor in my case also. Anyway, I'll check and return when I find out.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 6:44am
Might be worth checking for any blown bulbs, have you recently changed any bulbs? is the fault continuous or intermittent?
RJ View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 3:03pm
By whatever serendipity, the problem seems to have disappeared. I tried one of the tips I remembered from the forum somewhere...turning on/off the engine a couple of times in succession. Sure enough that scared the glitch away. It did return three times, but after the latest reset it seems to really cured. I tested it, gone on the motor way, made a few shopping errands, done some emergency stops, let others drive, etc... ABS and ESP are working now and no more annoying warnings.

About changing blown bulbs recently. As a matter of fact, the car battery died over a recent (long) trip abroad. Indeed, a jump-start was made and come to think of it, perhaps false DTC's were logged due to fluctuations in the electrical system. I guess the succession of good trips and condequent recharge has given the OBD enough confidence to clear out those DTC's. For now all systems are up and running and I'll not look this gift horse into the mouth for now. I'll wait till I have my own OBD-II handy again to confirm the good luck. Thanks you all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>